Chapter Sixty

I ran back to Christian, my blood rolled, my heart pounding, my head spinning. When I reached Christian he was leaning against a tree, his bare chest showing. When he saw me running he jumped up and changed mid flight, landing in front of me. I got on his back, and he sped off. I felt like I was going to throw up. He bound his way over the rocks, I kept my head in his fur and my eyes shut, trying not to throw up. I couldn't be too late, he was still alive when we left, he'll still be alive when we get back. I couldn't lose Jay, not Jay. As soon as we got to the castle I jumped off Christian and bolted through the doors, seeking out Damion. He was there in a blur pulling me into his arms. "I need to see Jay!" I said looking up into Damion's eyes.

Damion nodded and scooped me up into his arms blurring down the hallway, I kept my head tucked to his chest, praying I wouldn't barf on him as well. Finally when Damion set me down I was in a dark room, a hospital bed, and a single candle. I rushed over and sat my Jay, seeing his face for the first time since the ceremony. His veins were more noticeable, throughout his body, but instead of a dull blue, his veins were black. I leaned forward and kissed his forehead. "I'm going to save you," I whispered.

I grabbed a pair of scissors that were on the medical side table and pressed the sharp end to the my left wrist. I knew Damion had thought I was saying goodbye and had left to stand in the hallway, so this was just me, only me. Just me, trying to save my best friend. I pressed harder and closed my eyes, a single tear escaping, before slashing quickly and pressing my wrist to Jay's slightly opened mouth. I watched from the sides of Jay's mouth the crimson red ooze and drop into Jay's mouth. I turned away as the pain began to form, a small burn to searing pain. I heard the door slam open as Damion rushed into the room. "Oh Eternity," he said pulling me away, pressing his hand over my wrist, understanding and realisation in his eyes. 

He sucked the blood and injected a small amount of venom, just enough for a little of my vampire side to take over and heal the wound. "C'mon, lets leave him be, you're exhausted," Damion said softly taking me into his arms.

He carried me to our bedroom and as soon as my head hit the pillow, my eyes had shut, and the world turned to black, carrying me away, to a deep long sleep.

Omg I know I know this is a super short chapter and I apologize for not updating as much, I'll get back on track, life has just kept me busy. Thanks for reading, love you all!