Chapter Fifty- Five

Streamers and colorful decorations were thrown into the air as Damion and I made our way through the crowd behind Charlotte, hand in hand. People smiled at us, faeries shown light down on us, and Jack wasn't kidding about there being a whole celebration. We traveled through the crowd and made our way to the stage. Both times I'd been up here there was some kind of blood involved. But this time Charlotte only put Damion's hand on my stomach and Raven sprinkled some magic herb stuff on his hand and recited some words for good luck and  good maternity. After that there was just a whole bunch of talking and fun. It was a nice happy party, there were gifts and everything. It was like a baby shower but not, and I knew I was going to get one of those soon enough. Hana was definitely going to be the one who planned it too. Once we all finally got home, I was exhausted, and I don't mean being bored of it or anything, real exhaustion. I hadn't felt that since I was back in college, when I was still human. Damion noticed and was about to take me to our bedroom. "Wait before you go, I would like to announce something," Jay said standing.

Everyone turned to look at him, Leo looked away. "I've talked to the queen and she's made arrangement for me to have an official date for my changing ceremony," Jay said.

I didn't know what to say. "I understand you won't be able to now Eternity, but I would still like Ray to do it, and he's agreed," Jay said.

I looked to Ray. "Look my bro wants to see what we're all into, and I'm willing to bring him into immortality with me," Ray said with a shrug. 

I sighed. "So be it, when is the ceremony?" I asked.

"This weekend," Jay said.

And only did I know it would come too soon.

Damion led me to bed after that, before I could be anymore upset about it. "It's going to be alright, it's his choice, besides, Ray is right. Jay wants to know what he's missing, what we have and he doesn't," Damion said kissing my neck as he laid behind me.

"I know, just, I have a feeling I'll lose him, ya know?" I sighed.

Oh and sure I did. I felt as though this was not a good idea, just thinking about it made my stomach turn. "It's going to be alright, my love," he said kissing my neck again.

I couldn't keep my eyes open after that, and I fell into a what I wish could be called a dreamless sleep.

I opened my eyes to see intensified lights all around me. I was in a clearing that had crystals, floating in midair. "Hello?" I called out, my voice echoing in my own ears.

I walked forward, out of the treeline, into the middle of the clearing. Before I reached the other side I saw two shaped kneeling in the ground. I walked up to them. They stood in a blur and turned to face me. One was a small girl and a small boy. The boy had black hair and so did the girl, the girl's eyes were bright green, his were bright blue. Their beauty was stunning, I had a strange attraction to them, not like creepily, but like, adoringly. "Who are you? Are you okay?" I asked, kneeling in front of them, so I was closer to their height. 

"Vincent," the boy said looking to the girl.

"Esmerelda," the girl said.

Air tightened in my throat, my body going numb. "You know us, and we know you," they said together.

They laced their hands together, both of their free hands reached out to me. I took them and they closed their eyes, bowing their heads. "We're different like you mama," they said,

right before the world came alive, and my eyes burst open.  

Sorry guys, I know this is a super short chapter!