Chapter Ten

As I heard a door open, from god knows where, I began to move towards the sound. I noticed that it was another younger girl, who was only at most nine years old. She had bites on her neck, and she was being moved by another vampire I've never seen. "Get over there," he shoved her, and she fell to the ground.

I then attacked him quickly covering his mouth with my hand and pulled him to the ground, I twisted his neck with all my strength and he fell to the ground. I doubted that he was forever dead, so I knew I must hurry. I unlocked all the children, including Jasper, and helped the girl off the floor. Although they didn't question me out loud, I knew their eyes were unsure. I led them up the passage way and towards the other door. I unlocked and peeked out, all I saw was forest, and I opened the door all the way, silently. I saw that the door was built into a hillside, and I sniffed the air before taking a step.

I then froze and took another sniff, I could smell blood. I turned around, my fangs itching out, and saw the little girl that had been pushed to the floor. Her neck was bleeding, yet she was staring at me in fear, for I knew I looked like a monster. "Cover her neck, make sure to put pressure," I said to Jasper in a raspy voice, although he too was staring at me in horror.

I turned back around and listening, I heard voices to the far left. Laughing and talking, so I led the children to the right. There were only ten including the girl with the bleeding neck. As we snooped around I wondered how I could get a good look on which direction we should actually go. But before I could process any ideas another man had come out in front of me and pinned me to the hillside by my neck.

I heard a few of the children whimper at the sight of the man. I then realized it was the blonde who I'd ran into in the first place. "Hello royal pet, I bet you're quite confused on what is going on," he said smiling, his fangs blaring out like the sun.

I put my hands on his wrist trying to pry him off, but I wasn't exactly getting anywhere with it. "Well young virgin blood tends to taste a lot better than anything else," the blonde motioned for the girl with the bleeding neck to step forward. 

She fearfully did so, her eyes down, tears running down her face. The blonde grabbed her when she was in close enough reach and held her up in front of me, her blood so close I could bite. Yet, sadly, he was right, her blood smelled better than any blood bag I have had before. I felt my fangs pulse out, my eyes burning, if it weren't for my complete stubbornness, she would be dead right now. "Ah, picky are you?" the blonde asked and threw the girl, she hit Jasper, though he was quick to help the girl up and comfort her, I felt a sense of pride in him.

"How about we just cut them up right in front of you, maybe you won't be so picky then," he said, his eyes flaring red, his smile curt and evil.

I then grabbed the closest thing, which happened to be a large stick, and I shoved it through him in a blur of light. He fell to the ground, his pale white skin looking as though his veins were withholding a horrible disease, the light faded from his eyes, his fangs retracting, and he crippled up like a bug, before turning to dust. I watched with wide eyes, I had just killed my first vampire. 

I then motioned for the kids to come, I led them towards the right, away from the laughter. The sun was setting and I knew the children would be even more restless if it was dark. As we walked we finally came upon a row of rocks, that seemed to circle on forever. I stepped over it and I felt my head start to breath, like a drafty wind had just passed through my ears. I then felt a presence, like someone was there. "Damion?" I whispered, unsure. 

I felt my voice echo throughout my head, which believe me, was really weird.

In a flash I saw leaves move and Damion appear, "There you are!" he exclaimed.

He rushed over and hugged me, burrowing his nose into my neck. "I was worried sick! You had disappeared from my mind, and I couldn't feel your presence anymore, I thought you were dead!" he said into my neck, I could feel his muscles relaxing underneath my arms that had wrapped around him, accepting his hug.

And then he saw the children. "And who are these?" he asked looking at them to me, pulling away so he could gaze into my eyes. 

"Well, I'm not exactly sure..."