Chapter Twenty-Eight

I landed in dirt, rolling. I stopped and looked around. It was pitch black except for one candle on the wall. Damion and the rest jumped down after me. Fredrick looked around before following the only passage in front of us, he was high and alert like the rest of us. "Stay quiet," he said so quietly that I almost didn't hear him.

We followed the passage, a new candle appearing before we were swept into darkness every time. We then came upon a wide open room that was in complete darkness. A sudden pound then came. I jumped, no one else did. "What was that?" I asked quietly. 

Then it came more suddenly. "Whatever it was, heard you," Fredrick said pulling out a lighter. 

It cast a dim shadow, filling only a slight bit of the room alight. A tomb laid upon the floor, the pounding coming from within. Fredrick blurred over to the tomb and ripped the top off. I blurred over beside him and looked in, gasped, and leaned in. Ray sat up, his face blue and purple, his eyes wide. He struggled against the ropes that tied his hands together, his mouth straining the bind on his mouth. I ripped it off and clawed the rope before anyone else blinked. "Ray?!" I freaked out, pulling him into a hug.

He said nothing, just hugged me back, tightly. "Oh my god, what happened?" I asked, my eyes most likely bulging out of my head.

"Kat," he struggled out. 

Anger boiled inside me. "She's still has him," he then said.

"Who?" I asked, my heart picking up pace once more. 

"Jay."

Ray was carried by Damion, I'm sure Ray passed out, at least I think. We blurred through the passage, another turn after another, not sure where to go. 

<Ray's POV>

It all blurred together, consciousness sweeping in and out of my mind, not sure whether to stay or to leave. I didn't know whether or not the reason we were all moving so fast was because of my mind or because of something else. Everytime I blinked it seemed we were in a whole new corridor every time. Neither Eternity or that guy Damion said a word, and I knew there were other people here with us, but I wasn't sure who. Sometimes I saw a flash of white hair, or a slimmer of pale white skin, but the darkness came and go so fast, I wasn't sure what was dream,

and what was not.

<Eternity's POV>

After an hour of going through hallways we finally dawned upon a large door, that took up much of the wall. Fredrick hesitated. "Should we leave the human here?" Fredrick said in his thick Russian accent. 

"Yes, Damion leave Ray here," I said to Damion, turning around. 

Damion carefully left Ray here. "I'll stay with him," Hana then said kneeling by Ray, who was unconscious. 

Damion nodded at Hana, agreeing. "We'll go guard the entrances, make sure she doesn't have anyone protecting her, like Roman," Chase said.

"I won't leave my duty," Jack said turning to Chase.

"I'll protect the prince and princess with my life," Fredrick said getting onto one knee, a fist to his heart. 

Jack was unsure, but Chase finally got him to follow. After a minute Damion, Fredrick, and I then barged through the door, light sweeping upon our eyes. Once my eyes quickly adjusted I was astonished.

 Kat laid on Jay in a gigantic king sized bed, the canopy curtains dropping to cover them, Jay's hands tied together, his mouth covered. Kat was dressed in a Victorian Sleepwear that exposed her entire body. Kat turned around, her eyes blood red, her eyes first landing on Damion, a smile on her face. Then her eyes flickered to Fredrick and I, and her smile turned into a frown, then a grimace. Fredrick blurred first, he attacked Kat by tackling her off the bed. I went second and freed Jay, who was already slightly undressed. I helped him to the door, Damion helping Fredrick. I put Jay at the door when Kat tossed Fredrick to the side and threw Damion at the wall, where a wooden artifact hung, piercing through his shoulder. 

He cried out in pain, and I felt it too. I cried out as well, doubling over onto my knees. Adrenaline then rushed through my veins, filling me with power. Energy kicked into me and just as Kat started to walk my way, Fredrick tackled her once more.  I directing my full attention of Kat, anger and hate bubbling under my skin. 

She then doubled over, screaming out in pain. Her screams were horrible, nothing like I've ever heard before. In the time of her weakness I was the one who got to her quickest, holding her up by her throat. "Please," she choked out, her eyes falling into her old ones, and suddenly she was the Kat I knew again.

"Don't. We're best friends, remember?" she choked out.

My heart faltered before speeding up rapidly. "We were, you psychotic bitch," I said and shoved my hand through her chest,

the sound was like concrete breaking, her red eyes opening wide, her lips parting, no sound left her mouth, though she looked as though she was silently screaming, and she was. I twisted my hand, the concrete filling me ears. Tears streamed down my cheeks as the brightness of her eyes left and she fell to the ground silently,

her heart in my hand.