Chapter Fifty- Six

On Friday I had already had a noticeable bump on my stomach, Hana was insisting on maternity shopping and I had been putting it off as long as I could. I hadn't told Damion about the dream, unsure of what it meant. My eyes fluttered open, Damion's arm around me, his hand on my stomach. "Good morning, my love," he said, his lips then brought to my neck.

"Mmm," I mumbled, a smile spreading over my face.

"Any dreams?" he asked.

Damion has been asking since I actually began to need sleep, vampires can sleep, but they barely ever dream, and Damion said, he's only dreamed once since he's been alive. "Actually yes," I said turning over to face him. 

He stared at me, waiting for me to answer. "Butterflies, a whole field of them. Flashes of children dancing with them, like a flashlight, the switch being turned on and off. It was beautiful. Flashes like blue and, and orange. They didn't go together with the whole pictures, but it was like lense flares, it was, it was," I stopped, trying to remember.

"Beautiful," he said, kissing my temple.

I nodded. "Exactly," I said with a smile, my lips dry, a feeling I haven't felt in a long while. 

"I love you," he said quietly, his mouth moving against my neck, it felt nice.

"And I you," I whispered.

I waiting a moment, enjoying the bliss, before I sat up. I needed to get dressed. I softly got out of bed and headed towards the closet. I grabbed a black tank top and a grey cardigan and some skinny jeans to throw on. I slipped those on, my stomach popping out, clearly noticeable. I sighed, there was nothing I could do. I brushed my hair, and put on some mascara. I looking back over to Damion who was already dressed and looking nice. "Are you ready to go?" he asked with a smile.

"I believe I am," I said smiling back, going into his arms. 

"Then lets go," he smiled, swooping me into his arms.

Then he blurred, with me into his arms, to the ceremony. When we got to the ceremony for Jay, my pulse couldn't be quicker. Jay stepped up to the stage, Leo looking nervous beside me. Damion had his arm around my waist. I looked at Leo, a bead of sweat trickled down his neck. What was he so nervous about? Ray stepped up onto the stage after Jay, Jay's eyes glowing. Before Charlotte stepped up onto the stage, I ran up there, using the small little blur I had left to get there before her. "I want to do it," I whispered to her quietly. 

"It's just like yours was," she whispered back after a second.

I stepped up there after giving her a nod. Jay and Ray looked to me once they saw it was me instead of Charlotte. I looked to Ray and picked up the knife on the table, once again, it was different. Less fancy, not silver, but steel. I handed it to Ray, Ray took it gently. He pressed it to his wrist over the steel goblet. Crimson red spilled into the goblet, filling it easily. I then picked up the goblet, and handed it to Jay. Jay took the goblet, looking down into it, the crimson reflecting in his eyes. He closed his eyes before taking a deep breath. He lifted the goblet to his lips before raising and drinking. I watched him drink the blood, staining the top of his lip. In one fast blink he was coughing, the blood spitting out all over Ray. Jay doubled over, people stared in silence, not knowing what was happening, not knowing what to do. My eyes went wide and I forgot how to scream. "No!" was the last thing that came out of my mouth, before Jay dropped to the floor.