Chapter Thirty-Five

The next day just like I had told Damion I met up with Charlotte in Hector's office. She had a blonde woman with her, she looked normal, except for the eye patch that covered her right eye. "Hello princess, I'm am honored to meet you," the blonde woman smiled at me as I walked in.

"Eternity, this is Raven, she is one of the most powerful witches connected with the vampires in history," Charlotte said without worry, and said it almost in a bored tone. 

"Hello," I said, almost instantly nervous. 

"Don't be nervous," she said smiling at me. 

Great, she could read my mind. She smiled wider and stepped towards me, placing my hands in hers. "Ah yes, very powerful," she said, a Russian accent tipping her words.

"So, how about helping me out with this controlling thing," I said a little nervously.

"Of course, but a spell won't solve everything. The energy will come from within, it's up to you whether or not you want that control," she said, her eyes, or eye, gazing into mine. 

I felt an overpowering power fill my lungs and spread throughout my body, like before I jumped down the hole at the cemetery. "I want it," I said seriously, all nervousness leaving, I was ready.

"Alright, let me set up the ritual and we'll get started," she said turning, dropping my hands. 

"Charlotte the spell would be more powerful if you would give a drop of your blood during the ritual," Raven said taking a white chalk from a bag on Hector's desk. 

Charlotte just nodded and Raven continued. She pulled out chalk, candles, matches, knives, herbs, and yes the nervousness tickled my bones slightly. She drew a star on the ground and drew a circle around it. She drew symbols in empty spaces and then she lit the candles, putting a candle on each of the star's points. 

She began reciting words in a foreign language, motioning for me to stand in the middle of the star. I did and she began throwing the leaves and liquids of herbs at my feet, a serious tone falling into her words. With a blink she tore her eye patch off and a glowing gold pentagram in her eye, matching the one drawn on the floor. I suddenly felt as though I had been tricked, like this wasn't right. "Wait," I said, but a hasty wind blew through the window opening it, blowing all of our hair around. 

Charlotte smiled at me, with the scary look in her eye, while Raven just focused. I tried moving out of the circle but I was locked in place. I felt a dark energy begin to settle over me, I felt it fill me up like I was an empty glass. I suddenly became very weak and fell to my knees. A black tar that floated like smoke rose from the ground and went through my mouth, nose, and ears. I couldn't breath and I knew this was serious dark magic. 

I heard Damion pounding on the door, he could obviously feel me choking. But just as fast as it had came, it was gone, and the wind died, the spell was over. I wish I could say I didn't feel different, but I did, I really did. I felt stronger and more powerful, an energy that I only got when I was about to use a power filled my body, and it felt as though it wasn't going to leave. 

I stood, and I knew I should've been mad I'd been tricked into something that wasn't what they said it was going to be, but I wasn't. I felt amazing, like I could fly. I looked to Charlotte who was smiling like a mother would at their young one who just did something like get an A on a test. "You're much more powerful now Eternity, I will teach you how to control it. But for now, you need to control it yourself," Charlotte said before Damion burst through the door.

Damion led me out of the office without a glance at his mother, he saw that I was alright and sighed. "I was worried sick, what the hell were you choking on?" Damion said to me, stopping us in the middle of the hall.

"It was a spell Damion, I didn't know," I shrugged, but I honestly just wanted to go run, I didn't know but I felt as hyper as a four year old on Halloween. 

"You feel different to me, are you alright?" Damion said studying me, like I was a stranger, but his eyes obviously told he was still curious.

"I'm fine, but I just want to do something, I don't know," I said shrugging, but I was tapping my foot like a maniac. 

"Eternity, are you sure you're alright?" he asked pulling me to him slightly, like he was protecting me from myself.

"I'm fine!" I said with a smile.

But I couldn't stop myself, I didn't know what I was doing, until I darted out of Damion's arms,

and ran.