Chapter Eight

"Okay well, where do I start?" he said nervously.

"How about mates, I'm really interested in that," I said looking away, just hoping that he would explain why he called me his mate. 

"Well when you become a vampire it isn't exactly something that was never meant to happen, everything is literally meant to happen. Just losing your car keys is literally destined to happen, because in those few minutes or longer of you searching for your keys, cars don't drive behind you, and seconds are off than what they would have been if you were driving in front of them, it all adds up. So when you're destined to become a vampire, you're also destined to find your mate, which is your life partner, your soul mate. You have a stronger connection with these vampires you've been mated to, such as emotional and sexual connection or pleasure is indeed much stronger. You just find much more out of your relationship, no one adds up to the person who is your mate,"  as he said the last part, his eyes bore into mine, yet for some reason, my mind hadn't put it together yet.

"How do you know when you've found your mate?" I asked confused, yet somehow out of breath. 

"Something in your heart clicks, like the pieces have finally been put together, like everything in your life has figured itself out, and you know, you just know, that everything is going to be alright as long as that person is there with you," Damion said, his eyes never leaving mine, without a blink. 

"Who's your mate?" I asked, out of breath, our faces inching towards each other. 

Before he could answer, I snapped my head away and blurred to the fridge. I grabbed a bottle of blood and practiced sipping. I came back and sat farther away from Damion. "So, what about the vampire royal shit," I said sipping.

"Wait, how do you know about that?" he asked, though his eyes told he already knew.

"I went through your diary," I shrugged and sipped.

"Journal, and I know, I was just seeing if you'd lie," he said smiling a little.

"So," I said giving a small wave with my hand.

He sighed and rolled his neck, even though I knew he didn't really need to stretch his muscles. "So there is Queen Charlotte, King Hector, Prince Lucious, Princess Hanalie, and me," Damion said looking away.

"Wait, what?" I asked my eyes wide. 

"Yes, I'm a prince of the vampire court," Damion said sighing, waiting for a freak out, which he was surly going to get. 

"The fuck! Shouldn't you have like guards of something?" I asked looking around.
"I do, and you do too," he said looking down. 

I looked to him, and yes, my eyes got even wider. "Why?!" I asked jumping up.

"Because you're my mate, which makes us destined to be married, which means you're a princess!" he said quickly.

I collapsed back onto the couch, my eyes bulging out of my head. Yes I had considered the fact that we were mates, but I never thought that would make me some kind of damn princess! I am nothing even close to a princess. "I'm nothing even close to a princess," I said looking to him, repeating my thoughts.

"Well, I guess, you'll have to like, um, learn how to be one?" he asked nervously.

I groaned, so not only was I forced into this dumb ass vampire bullshit that I was forced to accept, I'm also forced to be a princess? A vampire princess at that! "Is there any other stuff that might be good to know?" I said resting my head in my hands, my elbows propped up on my knees.

"Well every vampire has a gift, the royal family and the destined mates of the royal family have special...abilities," he said.

I looked up slightly past my hand. "What do you mean," I said in a accusing tone.

"Well the royal family and their mates have rare and special powers," he said quickly.

"Well what's yours?" I asked.

"I have the power to change things of matter," Damion said sighing.

"What is that?" I asked chugging the rest of my blood, the drink fueling my body, making me feel hyper genic. 

He grabbed the empty bottle in his hand and closed his eyes, and it started to crumbled and shit and change color, and then it was an apple. My eyes widened. "That's so frickin cool!" I said jumping up once more. 

He smiled at me, somewhat relieved by my reaction. "So what can I do?" I asked looking to him, excited and hyper. 

"Well that's the thing," he said standing up looking at me with full eyes. 

I watched him as he stepped closer to me. 

"We don't know."