Party Time

Ravny and I were back in the car, and I told him the way to the bookstore. “Hey quick question” I said as he started driving to the store. “When you told me about the how I was in the past, you said when I came to stay with you. What did you mean by that?” I didn’t look at him; I looked at my bag hugging it close to me. Ready for whatever answer he was about to tell me. “I  ... I found you in the woods” he said he voice was hard and he was gripping the steering wheel really tight that his knuckles were white.  “You… you had cuts and bruises all over your body. You were ten and I had just turned twelve, I took you to my house to Miss. Rosa. You never told me why you were like that; I don’t think you ever told Miss.Rosa either. Every time I tried to bring it to find out what happen, you would tell me that you don’t remember because your life started when you meet me” he said me “but you still wanted to know, right?”  I ask him, looking at him in the corner of my eye. We stop at a red light and turns to me. I could tell that he was looking at me and the girl he meet when he was twelve at the same time. “Yes I would like to know so promise me if you ever remember what happen please tell me.”  “I promise” I said

He turns to face the roads, but he took his right hand and took my hand in his. He brought it his lips and kissed my hand. I think this guy just might be a keeper. We drove listening to the radio with no singing, till we got to the bookstore which looks like an old style bookstore on the outside. But once we talked in the inside it looked like a club. All the buckets and bins were pushed away, the check-out counter was turned into the Dj area.  “Hey you here” Jazzie yelled over the music, she was wearing a black mini shirt, with a white halter top, and no shoes. Which means that somewhere under the tables where a pair of heels. “Ok so here the thing drinks and food are in the back, and the fun is everywhere so have fun” she said the last part with a wink and kind of skipped away. “Do you dance?” I ask Ravny stepping away from him heading toward the dance floor. “Oh yeah I dance” he said putting his arm around my wrist pulling me close to him. 20 songs, 2 cups of punch (no alcohol) and a little small talk later, Ravny and I were taking a small break outside at the bookstore café area. There were about five tables outside with four chairs and at each table there was small candle on it. “Are you having fun, I know that I didn’t even ask you if you wanted to come to the party. I feel sorry about that” I said  looking at him across from the table, “ the only thing I want to do today is spend time with you, and beside I got to let you grind on me so it was good day” he said with a half-smile on his face. I covered my face with my hands and try hard not to laugh so hard, “ well you like it” I said lower my hands giving him my flirty smile. “Yes I did” we both were just looking in each other eyes now, it feels so unreal. “SAGE!!” the yell of my name made both of us jumps a little. We turn to see Jason standing at the door looking pissed.

 “What the hell is this? You’re out on a date with another guy you slut!”

“Excuses me, what the hell is your problem Jason?” I ask standing up looking at him. Jason walks towards me and grabs my arms really hard. “You were going to be my girl, so what the hell you are doing with him?” he yells at me.

“Take. Your. Hand. Off. Of. Her.” Ravny said he was standing up now and his eyes and voice were filled with rage. His eyes almost looked black, “no, she will be mine” Jason said and took the candle of the table and throws it at Ravny.  The candle hit him right on the chest causing his shirt to catch on fire. “Ravny!” I yelled as I try to get to him but Jason pulled hard on my arm keeping me near him. The fire was on the top of Ravny’s shirt, he grabs the shirt in his hands and ripped it right off of him. He tosses it to the ground pouring his drink it on to put out the fire. He was looking at Jason like he wanted to kill him; I pushed real hard at Jason and got out of his hold. I walk over to Ravny, to check his hands but he puts me behind him still looking at Jason. I can see his entire scar now, it started at the base of his neck going to his shoulder and straight across his back ending at his lower back. It looks like claw marks; I could tell the one in the middle was the deepest one.  In the corner of my eye I see people so I turn to see Jazzie and a few people watching us. Then some guy with a red tee and dark cutoff jeans, he was about 5’8 with neon blue hair, well build. “You need to leave and before you start your back talking I’m the owner so either leaves on your own two feet or I can drag your ass out. Your choice” he said. His voice was deep and smooth, he stare and Jason waiting for his answer. “Fine but this is not over” Jason said looking at me and Ravny. He walks away and I let out the breath I didn’t know I was holding, and hug Ravny from behind. “You two can go in the little kitchen in the back to check his hands and I’ll get you a shirt” the owner told Ravny, he nodded a thank you and turned around and kissed my forehead. We walk to the kitchen and the owner and Jazzie tried to get people back in the party mood so that everyone wouldn’t just be watching us. Once we were in the kitchen I looked at Ravny hands but they looked ok they were just a little red in the center of his palms but that was about it. “Are you ok?” Ravny ask me. I must be worrying him I haven’t said a word yet to him.