The Beginning

I was five years old the first time I saw him. Even though I was only five, I still can remember that day, that moment when he captured my eyes. He was just beautiful with his black hair that fell over his deep blue eyes that looked like the sea. His skin was pale white but not too pale there was a hint of tan on him. I wanted to walk over there and talk to him to know his name. Even though I was only five and didn’t truly knew what it means to be in love I said it anyway. I said the three words to a stranger who I didn’t even know. I said I love you and somehow I think he heard me because at the moment the words left me lips, he smiled. Ever since that day I wished that I would meet him again and this time that I would talk to him and get to know him. A few years later I got my wish and more.

“Hello Sage it’s nice to see you again” I turned around to the unknown voice that had greeted me. It was him, the guy I saw when I was five, he looked the same. His hair, his eyes, and even that cute smile. “Um hi” I was so nervous that it took me a few seconds to realize that he knew my name. “Wait how do you know my name” I said even more nervous now cuz he was standing every close to me. “Will you come with to the coffee shop and I will answer any questions you may have” he said with that sexy smile. There was no way I could say no I was drawn to him for some reason so I went with him. As we walk to the two blocks to the coffee shop I keep taking short looks at him. He was wearing a grey t-shirt and a pair of black jeans, with black chucks. He really hasn’t changed at all. Well he did have a soft even tan he didn’t look as pale as he did when I first was him.  He was still tall about 5’9 maybe 6’0, his hair was midnight black and it looked like it was soft like silk. I knew his eyes wouldn’t change but I thought that there would be a hint of aging in them but there wasn’t anything not even a tiny wrinkle.  How old was he when I first saw him and how old is he now? Once we got to the coffee shop we sat in the back at a small table. We sat across from each other and order a small drink.  “Well how do you know my name?” I ask getting right to the point not looking right into his eyes. He cleared his throat and said “I heard it a few years back. You and a few friends went to the park and I heard them call you over when your mom dropped you off”. I didn’t really believe that so I looked deep in his eyes and I asked again. “How do you know my name and this time tell the truth?” He smiled and looked back at me and said “I know your name cuz I followed you home that day when you were five. I know a lot more then you think.” He said with a wicked grin on his face. This time I knew he was telling the truth and I wasn’t scared that he knows where I live. “Do you … do you still come over there?”  The look on his face said it all, he does. The weird thing was I didn’t think about how many times he came over or if he was ever going to come in my house or anything like what. I always had this feeling that there was something or someone watching me. But I now knew that it was him this whole time. “Yes… I still come over and watch you through the windows but mostly I watch through your bedroom window. I sit on the tree that stands right in front of the window.” I should have felt scared but I didn’t I felt safe I don’t know what was with him but I just felt safe and I couldn’t understand why.” You know that a little creepy” I said with my own wicked grin on my face and he smiled back. That’s when it hit me and I didn’t know his name or anything about him. “I’m Ravny and I will tell you everything about when the times come.” He said as if he read my mind but he wasn’t looking at me. He looked as if he was searching for someone.  I was just about to ask him what he meant by that but my phone went off.  I checked to see who was calling me and hoping that it was someone that I could call back later. Lucky for me it was Jason, so I just let the phone go to voice mail. I turned back to Ravny to who seemed a little surprise. “You’re not going to answer your phone?” the question sounded more like a statement. “No, it’s just this guy and I…” I cut myself off. Do I really want to tell him about Jason about our past? About the late night flirting and fights. About how he wanted more then I was willing to give. I mean I don’t even know Ravny that well even if I do feel safe around him. “Was it Jason?” his voice brought me back. I opened my mouth to answer him when I realize that he seemed a little mad. Or maybe even jealousy but he can’t be … can he? “ yes that was Jason” I said not looking at him but his hands “ should I even ask how you know that?” this time I looked him in the eye. He turned away looking at his watch. “No I’ll tell you later” I wasn’t really listening to him; I was looking at his eyes to his lips down to his neck. Where I was a few scars on his neck. Three long light pink lines ran down the side of his neck to his shoulder. I wonder how long it is and when did he get it. Why did I have this weird feeling that I already knew the answer the both of those questions? He caught me staring at his scars and put his hand over them trying to covering it up. I opened my mouth to ask him but no sound came out. The next thing I knew everything went black.

“Sage, baby can you hear me?” whose voice is that? My eyes would not open and head was throbbing. I feel that someone is holding me. Feeling my lower back, my face and even my lips. Who is touching me with their soft hands? Was it Ravny or was all that just a dream? “Sage, baby can you hear me?” it’s the voice again. It’s so soft and sad; I slowly open my mouth to say something. But my mouth was so dry. “Bring me some water please, anyone please!” I heard the voice said sounding really worried. I turned my head towards the voice, slowly trying to open my eyes. Those soft hands were holding me so close now. One of them moves to stroke my cheek. “Baby please open your eyes, I need to know you are okay” the voice said. As my eyes began to open, I saw a figure hovering over me. After a few seconds my eyes begin to focus more, and I could figure looked more and more like Ravny.  “Here drink a little bit of water first” he said as he held a glass of ice water to my lips. I took a small sip of it.  Feeling no better, I looked around at the sea of concerned faces that surrounded me. But none of them matter, as I looked into those beautiful blue eyes. Ravny was he the voice that I was hearing, he slowly nod his head answering my question. Before I could say anything everything went black again.