Chapter 45

Cara's POV:

Once we were home, everything changed. I saw Siva and Nareesha go to their room. Jay and Emer went and sat on the couch. Macey's sweater was on the back of the couch. Nathan picked it up and held it close to himself. It was late at night, but no one wanted to go to sleep. We simply sat in the living room, in silence.

I saw Nathan then leave the room. He went to the stairs and to his room. I looked over at Jay and I saw that Emer had fallen asleep, on his lap. He was brushing her hair, with his fingers. Kelsey and Tom were whispering to each other. I looked at Max and I saw that he was pinching the bridge of his nose. It was like we were in a trance.

Jay ended up falling asleep, Tom and Kelsey took Emer to her bed, and Max took me to his room. He and I took off a couple of our clothes and we laid on his bed. He started to trace the scars on my legs. He only did that when he was thinking. I didn't really care, if he did it. It actually kind of felt good.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked him. He looked at me and I saw a tear in his eye.

"I was thinking about what happened. It was like she knew. Like she knew that going to the beach was her last thing." He explained to me.

"I know what you mean. I am just really worried about Nathan. I know that he loved her so much. I can't even imagine what he is going through." I told Max. He agreed that it was terrible.

"Max, let's go check on him." I told Max. He looked at me and widened his eyes.

He got out of the bed and tossed my shorts to me. I pulled them on and he ran out of the room, in his boxers. We ran to Nathan's room. Max knocked on the door and we got no answer. Max then opened the door. I saw Nathan laying in his bed. He was crying into Macey's sweater.

"Can I just be alone?" He asked us. I saw that his eyes were bloodshot red. Max walked over to him and sat on his bed.

"You shouldn't be alone, right now. You need to be with us. Let's just be quite." Max told him. Nathan sat up, but still clutched the sweater. I sat on the floor, next to Max's legs.

We sat there in silence. We probably were there, for about 30 minutes, before we heard Nathan's phone go off. He looked at it and threw it across the room. We looked at him and he laid on his side, so that we couldn't see his face. I crawled to the phone and I saw that it was a text from their management. they were asking if it was true. If Macey really died.

"Do you want me to answer it?" I asked Nathan. I heard him shudder.

"Yeah, that would be nice. Just type yes, but tell them not to release the information." Nathan told me. I did as he said and I put the phone on the nightstand.

"I am going to make some tea. I will be back." I told them. Max nodded his head and put his hand on Nathan's shoulder.

I went down stairs. I saw that Jay was still on the couch. Kelsey was in the kitchen and she was crying on the floor. I walked over to her and knelt by her side.

"Why are you here?" I asked her. She sniffled and looked at me.

"Macey went grocery shopping and she got the wrong milk. I can't even yell at her, for it." Kelsey sobbed. I held Kelsey close to me. I sat there and tried not to cry. That was one of Kelsey's biggest pet peeves.

"I am going to make some tea, you want some?" I asked her as I got up. She nodded her head and I made some extra hot water for her. I pulled out the cups and placed the tea bags in them.

"Where is Tom?" I asked her. She got off of the floor.

"He is upstairs, asleep. We shut the door to her bedroom. I don't think that anyone should be in there, right now." She told me. I agreed with her.