Chapter 39

I woke up with a headache and the sun in my eyes. I looked around and I saw that I was in the living room. I saw that I only had one crutch, a whiskey bottle, and a bag of potato chips near me. I saw that Harry was on the other couch, with my jacket. I laid down and waited for someone to wake up. It was a long and boring period of time before I actually heard someone.

"What the hell?" I heard Louis say. I turned my head and I saw that he was standing in the entry way.

"Hey, did you have fun last night?" I asked him. He looked at me and stumbled over to me.

"I honestly don't remember much. I hope that it was fun." He said. I sat up and he sat next to me.

"When you get up, could you please find my other crutch?" I asked him. He smiled and nodded his head. He then looked around the room.

"Why does Harry have your sweater?" Louis asked me. I just shrugged. We sat there and tried to remember what had happened the night before.

"Where are my pants?!" We heard Niall say from the kitchen. Louis and I broke into laughter. Louis got off of the couch and went to see what he was yelling about.

"Don't forget about my other crutch!" I reminded him. He flipped me the middle finger and went to the kitchen. I sat there and listened to the two of them talk. Niall's pants were on the trash can. I waited for someone to bring me my crutch.

"Here is the bloody other one. Maybe you should just get a wheelchair. It is easier to keep track of." Louis told me. I took it from him and placed it next to the one that I had.

"Why are you idiots awake?" Harry mumbled.

"You are the idiot who got every one drunk." Niall told him.

"You enjoyed it. I don't know why you are complaining." He replied. I smiled and shook my head. I got up and grabbed my purse. I saw that it was almost 11:00am. I took my phone back to the couch and I sat next to Niall.

It was about 15 minutes before someone else woke up. Zayn came down the stairs and he tripped over Eleanor. She woke up and sat in Louis's lap.

"I will make coffee." Zayn said as he went to the kitchen. I got up and followed him. We stood there and made the coffee. We waited for it to finish brewing. He then had me pour the coffee and he would serve it to the ones in the living room.

I finally finished and I sat in the kitchen. I saw the mess of glasses and empty bottles. Zayn came in and sat next to me. We drank our coffee in silence. I took an aspirin, for my headache. He just stared at my cuts.

"If you have something to say, say it." I told him. He looked up at me and made eye contact.

"Do you hate them?" He asked me.

"Yeah, these are ugly. Of course I hate the way that they look." I told him.

"No, I meant the people that did this to you." He told me. I sat there and thought for a moment.

"Zayn, they knew my name. I didn't know them. They knew what they were doing. They weren't delusional." I told him.

"So yes?" He said.

"I guess so." I told him. I looked at my coffee and finished it. I stood up and left the kitchen. I wanted to go to my room, but I knew that everyone was too hungover to carry me upstairs.

I went into the foyer and looked at the stairs. I sat on the first step and places my crutches on my lap. I then scooted myself up a step. This was working. I looked back up the stairs and I saw that I had 23 more steps. Luckily, there were no turns. I started to do it again. I made it to the seventh step, before I had to take a break.