Chapter 38

Max's POV:

I walked in the house and I saw that Cara was sleeping on the couch. I called Tom and he filled me in on what happened. I sat next to her. She was so beautiful. He then came down the stairs.

"Boys, we are going to have to do another bloody puzzle. Cara's dresser and bed are our projects." He told us. I heard Nathan groan.

"Siva, stop smiling or you will be doing it on your own." Tom told him. I laughed at his comment.

"I can't help it if I like this sort of stuff!" He said.

"I could help too, you know." Cara said. I looked to see her waking up. She pulled the blanket off of her and I saw that she wasn't wearing her jacket. I smiled because that means that she is comfortable here.

"Hey, Maxxie." She said. She then looked around the room.

"Thanks Tom. Now I am too comfortable to get up." She said.

"Your welcome. Nathan order some pizza." Tom told him. He then walked out of the room. I looked at Cara and she smiled at me.

"So when is Nareesha getting home?" She asked Siva.

"She will be here soon." He told her. Siva sat down and we talked about what we did.

Siva told us that he hated the dad questions. I told him that not everyone knows and that you can just tell that you can't answer them. Cara knew that Siva's dad had died, so she stayed quiet. She told us about the men at the door. They thought that she was in the war. She said nothing, apparently. Nathan's then joined our conversation. The pizza arrived and Nareesha came in through the other door, at the same time. Jay and Emer came down and ate pizza. Jay was feeling better. He was trying to not get Emer sick, but she just liked being with him.

We ate our pizza then Tom told us that we had to go put Cara's room together. Siva jumped up and went to her room. I got up and followed. Tom came in last.

"Where is Nathan?" Siva asked him.

"He is going to help with the kitchen and Jay." Tom said. We then started to do the bed frame.

Siva had to do it according to the instructions, even if they were predictable. He had to make sure that every part was there, too. We then put it together.

"Damn this piece of shit!" Siva said as he got his finger stuck. That was something so random for him to say. Nareesha came running into the room.

"What happened?" She asked.

"I got my finger trapped." Siva told her. She sighed and left.

"I think that they are going to put Emer upstairs with Jay." Tom said. We laughed and continued.

A few profanities and stubbed toes later, we had the entire room put together. Tom even put the sheets on the bed. It was nice to see the dad side of him. Siva then brought Cara in the room. He carried her in and he forgot her crutches. He set her on the bed and went to get them.

"I love it. Thank you guys so much!" She said. I laughed and sat next to her.

"It was mainly the idiot that forgot your crutches who kept this together." I told her. He then came in the door.

"I heard that." He said. He handed her the crutches and she put them beside her.

"It looks really good. Thanks, again." She told us.

"I am such an idiot! I forgot about pillows!" Tom said.

"It's okay. We can get them tomorrow." She told him.