Chapter 16

I woke up to see that it was dark. We had slept nearly all day and I didn't regret it. I saw that Max was still asleep. He looked so peaceful. I looked around and I saw a bunch of people on the roof top, next to us. I looked at them and I saw that they all had stuff in their hands.

"Max, Max, honey. Please wake up." I told him, quietly. He started to stir. I kept looking at them. I never turned my face from them. I could only see that they were humans and that they were holding something.

"Cara, what is it?" He asked.

"We overslept and there are people over there with stuff in their hands. I can't really tell what they are." I told him. He turned his head to look. He then looked at me.

"Those are the paparazzi. When we get up, we are going to have to run to the door. Got it?" He said. I nodded. I then gave him a kiss.

"Not now." He said. He then counted to one. That was when we rolled out of the hammock and made a mad dash for the door. Once we got off of the ground, was when the flashing lights, went insane. He opened the door and I hopped in the stairwell, first. He got in and slammed the door.

We stood in the stairs, laughing. We just stood there and laughed. I wasn't sure why we were laughing, but it felt good. Nathan looked at us.

"What are you two crazies doing?" He asked.

"Each other." I replied. I looked at Max and he just started to laugh harder. We sat on the stairs and laughed. Nathan just looked at us. We finally calmed down.

"Okay, I think that Cara should go home. We have to get up pretty early tomorrow morning." Nathan said. He was right. We got off of the stairs and walked to the front door.

"Can I come?" Siva asked. I nodded and he hopped in the car with us. Max drove to the house. I saw all that all of the cars were in the driveway.

"Alright, I will see you, Nathan, and Jay tomorrow." I told him. We leaned over the console and kissed. I got out of the car and walked inside. I saw that everyone was in the living room.

"Cara! How was your day?" Zayn asked. I walked in the living room and Isat on the couch, next to Liam.

"It was nice. I mainly slept, but it was nice." I told them. Louis then spit out his food.

"He touched you?! Why are you telling me this?" He said. I looked at him like he had been possessed.

"NO!! We didn't do that, you nasty minded freak! We literally slept." I told him. He still looked disgusted.

"I give up. You need to get your mind out of the gutter." I said. I then looked at everyone else. Zayn and Perrie were trying to contain their laughter, Niall was laughing, and the others were disgusted. Eleanor had the funniest face.

"I am going to head off to bed." I got up and left the room. I went to my room and collapsed on my bed. I turned on my phone and went to Twitter.

I saw a bunch of girls telling me that they were sorry for my loss. Some people were saying that I shouldn't be dating Max. A lot of guys were telling me that I should be with them and not Max. I found that to be a bit gross. There was one girl's post that caught my eye.

She told me that she supports me and that Max told her about me when he was at the hospital. I went to her profile and her picture brought tears to my eyes. She was hooked up to all of these tubes and monitors and there was Max. He was giving her a kiss, on the top of her head. I looked at the time and decided that it was time for me to go to sleep.

I woke up that next morning around 5:00, when my alarm went off. I had about 30 minutes to get ready. I pulled out a black dress, some lace stockings, and my black shoes. I put them on and went in the bathroom. I decided to go a little heavy with the black makeup. Okay, my mistake decided that I was going to go a little heavy with it. I finished and looked in the mirror. I looked fine. I grabbed the friendship necklace that I shared with Ella and my phone. I walked down stairs to see that Louis and Harry were in black suits.