Chapter 9

Max's POV:

I rode my bike back to the flat. I couldn't believe what just happened. I saw a crowd of people at the front door, so I went around the back. I put the bike in the shed and crawled through the window, in the kitchen. Tom and Siva were eating when they saw me.

"Max, why are there so many people outside?" Siva asked. He obviously hasn't checked his twitter, the TV, or even asked them.

"It is a long story. I need to take a shower." I told them. I walked to my room and I grabbed my towel. I saw that Nathan was in the bathroom.

"Gee, mate, what happened?" He asked. Of course, Little Nath would know what was going on.

"I don't want to talk about it." I told him. He moved out of my way and let me in the bathroom. I looked out the little window and I saw that they were still out there, waiting for me.

I got in the shower and I just stood there. Did Cara now want this to end? Is she going to not ever see me again? Would she pick up, if I called her? All these questions came flooding to my mind. I had to call her. I got out of the shower and got back dressed in my clothes. I rushed out of the bathroom and into my room, where Jay was sitting.

"Max, don't call her yet. She has to face her cousin. Give it a little time. Meanwhile, Siva wants to know what you did to mess it all up." Jay said. He then walked out of my room. He was right. I needed to give her a little time. I went down stairs and I saw the guys sitting in the living room.

"Max, what happened? Everything was perfect." Nathan said. I just stood there and I tried to think on a good way to put it.

"There was a woman and she was being mugged. We had to stop it, we just couldn't let it continue." I explained to them. 

"Everything will work out. Just wait and see." Siva told me.

"Siva, I appreciate everything that you have done, really. But I am not sure how this is going to end. I never want it to end. I seriously think  that I am in love with her. I just want to hold her right now." I told them. 

"Why did this have to happen?" Tom asked. I knew that it was rhetorical, so I didn't say anything. I sat down and watched the news.

People were talking about us and they were making up stories. This was not what I wanted to happen. I looked at my twitter and I saw a bunch of fans, from One Direction, telling me to stay away from Cara. The Wanted fans were upset, but they were defending me. I couldn't look at it anymore, so I set my phone down. Siva then handed it to me.

"You should call her. Be there for her. She isn't used to all this publicity." He said. I took the phone from him and dialed her number. I heard it ring. I waited.

"Max? Why are you calling? Are you okay?" I could hear that she had just been crying. Her voice was breaking.

"Cara, I am fine. What about you? Are you okay?" I asked her. I heard her sniffle.

"I am fine. So what are we going to do about all of this?" Her voice was breaking my heart. I started to tear up.

"I will do what ever you want me to do. Do you remember what I told you earlier?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I remember." She told me. I wiped a tear away.

"I meant it, especially now." I told her. I heard her sob. No, she can't be crying.

"Do you need me to come over there? I can bring some Ice cream, cookies, a movie, a cat, what ever you want." I told her. I heard he laugh.

"Could we meet somewhere, tonight? I just want to see you." She told me.