Chapter 21

Nathan's POV:

Macey was here. Max knew that I was interested in her. I love the way that she talked to me. She treated me like a real person. At the same time, she also didn't want to talk to me. She was very beautiful and her eyes, just wow.

"Nathan, let's go." Siva said, breaking me out of my trance. I walked on stage and I saw the fans screaming for us. We started with Glad You Came and went down the list. Every time I could, I would give Macey. I saw that she would blush, it was so cute.

We then came to Heart Vacancy. This was the time where we each picked a girl from the audience to sing to. Everyone got a random girl, but I took Macey. I got her up on the stage. She had to hold her iv in one hand. She was blushing so much. While Jay sang his part, I told her that I loved her.

"I think that I love you too." She told me. I felt my heart beat faster than what it should have.

"I hear your heart cry for love, then you act like there's no room, Room for me, or anyone, “Don’t disturb" is all I see, Close the door; turn the key on everything that we could be, If loneliness would move out, I'd fill the vacancy." I sang to her. It was the last chorus when I saw this. I then saw something in her eyes change. I saw a fear. She grabbed me and pulled me close to her.

"Nathan, I need you to take me backstage." She said. I then picked her up bridal style and carried her. I set her on a couch and the male nurse showed up with her wheelchair.

"Macey, what are you feeling?" He asked her. I held her hand and she started to cry.

"I think this is it." She said. She then coughed and blood came out on her hand. The male nurse then shoved me away from her and put her in the chair. He then began to wheel her out of the building. Cara and Siva then came to me. I couldn't believe what just happened.

"What happened?" Siva asked. I looked up at him and he was sweating more then usual.

"Macey just left." I told them.

"Tell me what happened." Cara said.

"There was something about her that changed. I brought her in here and there was blood. He just took her." I told them.

"Go finish your concert. I am sure that she is okay." Cara told me. I got up and walked back out.

I finished the concert. I saw that Kelsey, Dexter, and Mary stayed. I never saw Cara return. When it ended, We walked off of the stage and to the backstage. Cara was standing back there, crying. Max and I walked over to her.

"Cara, what happened?" Max asked her. she wrapped her arms around Max. He looked at me.

"Macey is in the surgery room. She had a complication. They told me to be optimistic, but there is a chance that this is the end of the road for her." She explained through her sobs. I felt as if my heart was just twisted.

Cara's POV:

I looked at Nathan as Max hugged me. I saw that he had tears coming out of his eyes. I let go of Max and took Nathan to the couch. Then the kids came in the room.

"Where is Macey?" Dexter asked. He rolled over to us and looked at Nathan.

"She had to go to the hospital." Nathan told them. I saw that Dexter gasped. He looked up at Siva and he nodded his head.

"We have to go there!" Mary said. the female nurse just stood there.

"Let's get in the van. Come on!" Jay said as he started to roll Dexter out. Tom rolled Mary out and the nurse followed them. We all walked out the back door and went to the van. I held Max's hand. Luckily, there were no cameras. We got in the van and they told the driver where to go.