Chapter 47

Pepper's POV:

I took Nathan to the guest room, that I was staying in. I made him sit on the bed. I stood in front of him and he wiped the tears off of his face.

"You need to get some sleep. I know that everyone is afraid of you doing something stupid, so I am going to stay here, with you." I told him. He looked at me and smiled.

"What are you smilin' about?" I asked him.

"Your accent is funny. It makes me feel like I am in a movie, because you are talking all southern." He told me. I smiled and messed with his hair.

"Well I will go all southern on you, if you don't sleep." I told him. He laid in the bed and looked at the ceiling.

"Pepper, do you love Jay?" He asked me. I looked at him and sighed.

"I think that I do. I am attracted to him. I think that he is a wonderful man, but I am not really sure what love feels like." I told him. It was true, I really didn't know what it was like.

"Why don't you know? Haven't you love before?" Nathan said. I then laid next to him, on the bed.

"Yeah, I think so. It's just that I fall in love so easily, that I have had my heart broken too many times." I told him. He sighed and looked at me.

"It is the same thing for Jay. Except he has tried to stay away, because he doesn't want it to happen again." He told me.

"How did you know that Macey was the one?" I asked him. I looked at him and I saw every little bit of hope drain from his face.

"When she and I started to talk about what we wanted. She described the life that I wanted. I knew then." He told me. I heard him sniffle. I grabbed his hand.

"It's okay to cry over the good stuff. Just don't blame yourslef for something that you couldn't have fixed." I let him know. He then rolled on his side.

"But I feel like there was something that I could have done. I could have taken her to the hospital, when she told me about it, last night." He explained. I then smacked his shoulder.

"Stop thinking like that. She is better now. Nothing is going to hurt her, now. There wouldn't be much that we could've done." I told him. He then let out a silent sob.

"You are right." He said. Then we stopped talking. I laid there and listened to Nathan's breathing. When it clamed down, I knew that he was asleep. I then felt like it was okay, for me to fall asleep.

I woke up around 8:00 that night. I saw that Nathan was still asleep. He looked like he was trying to hide from the rest of the world. I got out of the bed and covered him up. I had fallen asleep in my jeans, so I was a bit uncomfortable. I walked down the stairs and brushed my long blue hair with my fingers. I saw taht everyone was eating pizza.

"Hey, there you are! I was about to go and wake you." Jay said.

"Sure you were. I know that you would have let me sleep." I joked. He smiled and moved over so that I could sit with him. I saw that there was something different about Siva.

"What's wrong with Seev?" I asked Jay. He looked at him and back at me.

"He is taking this really hard. The two of them were pretty close." He explained to me. I nodded my head.

We ate and watched TV. I knew that everyone was in a really sad mood. Jay started to run his fingers through my hair. It felt nice and he was so sweet to me. I then got up and took people's plates to the kitchen. I saw that there was a beanie, on the counter. I picked it up and went into the living room.