Your child and their aunty (part 3 - Normani)

Today was your 4 year olds dance recital and her aunt Normani was honoured to take her.

*behind stage*

"Here I'll help darling." Normani spoke up as your daughter struggled to tie up her ballet shoes.

She knelt on the ground and took the lace in her hands, perfectly securing them.

"Are they okay?" The singer asked as she finished lacing up the pumps and Ava nodded.

"Plwease can you fix my hair?"

Normani smiled lovingly, and arranged your daughters hair into a ribbon.

"Aw princess! You look so cute!"

"Thank choo aunt mani." Ava squealed, twirling around in her dance outfit.

Then came the sound of the dance teacher. "The show is starting in 10 darlings!"

********

"See you soon aunt Mani!" Your daughter squealed excitedly.

"I'll be right here baby girl." Mani told her, moving the curtain to the side and pointing to one of the seats at the front.

"Are mama and mommy coming too?" The little girl quizzed.

"Mommy and mama are on their way baby girl."..."they'll be sat right next to me okay?" Normani reassured, planting a kiss against the top of your daughters head.

Ava nodded in understanding, then waved to her aunt as she rushed to her dance teacher.

"Have fun darling!"

***********

*a few minutes later*

Just before Ava's solo was starting, you and your wife rushed into the hall hand in hand.

"Shit! We're not late are we?" Lauren panicked as you practically dragged her across the wooden floor.

You looked around the crowd and then saw Normani sat at the front, waving you both over.

********

"Hi mani." You both whispered in sync.

"Hi honey's." She cooed as the pair of you rushed to the vacant seat. Lauren sat down first, then pulled you onto her lap and wrapped her arms around you.

"Did we miss her?" You whispered to your best friend and she shook her head.

"No it just started."..."Ava's up next." She reassured.

Then the music started and the three of you turned your attention to the stage, to see your little girl starting to dance.

You put your hand over your mouth and could feel the tears forming in your eyes, seeing your baby girls first recital.

"She's so cute baby!" You whispered to your girlfriend, and she nodded in agreement before planting a kiss against your shoulder.

The three of you watched intently as Ava moved across the stage so gracefully, never making a wrong move.

You looked to Mani and she was filming the whole performance with so much pride in her eyes.

********

After the performance, the three of you rushed backstage to see your daughter.

"Mommy!"..."Mama!" Ava squealed, running as fast as she could when she saw the pair of you.

Both you and Lauren knelt down on the floor with open arms to run into. "Hi babygirl." You said in sync, peppering kisses against her face.

"Did you see me?!" Ava squealed, jumping up and down on the spot.

"You did so good princess!" You cooed, hugging your daughter close.

"Amazing princess!" Lauren added, holding you both in her arms.

*******

Eventually, after like a thousand kisses to her face, you let your daughter squirm out of your embrace and run into her aunts legs.

"AJ!"

Ava giggled and looked up to her aunt. "Was I as good as you Aunt Mani?"

Normani smiled and pulled Ava into her arms. "You did so much better than me baby." She replied, planting kisses all over her face.

"Auntie Mani!" Ava groaned, making you all burst out into laughter.

You and your girlfriend watched the cute encounter, as she held you in her arms.

The brunette span you around and planted her lips against yours. "Love you baby." She mumbled into the kiss.

"Love you too beautiful." You whispered back.

*********

When you parted, Ava ran into you both, looking up to Laur with her tired eyes.

Lauren lifted your mini Jauregui onto her hip and Ava rested her head against your girlfriends shoulder then looked to you. "Mommy? I'm hungry."

"Aw what does our little lady want to eat?" Lauren cooed, tracing the hair out of the little girls face.

"Shall we get pizza?" You suggested.

At the mention of the food, Ava's eyes lit up and she nodded quickly.

"Yaaaas!" Normani exclaimed, making you all laugh. "Let's go then squad!" She added, leading the way out of the dance hall.

When you got out into the parking lot, you shivered in the cold air, so Lauren wrapped her arms around your shoulders and held Ava close.

As the four of you walked down the street, Mani logged into her Twitter and posted the video of Ava's dance. 'Baby niece's first recital😭😘 #proudAuntMani!'