Meeting your daughters boyfriend

"Soooo, we're meeting your boyfriend today..." You teased from your place at the kitchen counter as your 17 year old daughter stood at the fridge. Then you heard the front door close, meaning that your wife was here.

"Oh yeah that's today!" You could hear Lauren's voice from the hallway before she walked into the kitchen with a huge smile on her face. "Hello my beautiful family!" She sang as she planted kisses against the side of your head, making you and Ava laugh.

"Hi baby."..."how did the recording go?" You asked, she had just returned from the music studio with the girls.

"Great darling, the albums coming together now." She replied with a smile, kissing you tenderly.

When you both pulled apart, she turned to your daughter who was still stood at the fridge. "How's my princess?"

"Good mom..." The teen replied with a smile, drinking from the orange juice carton.

"So your boyfriend is joining us for dinner tonight?"

"Mom, please don't embarrass me..." Ava groaned.

"I won't darling." Lauren replied with a nonchalant expression, This made Ava worried and look to her mom with desperation. Lauren laughed loudly as she wrapped her arms around your waist from behind.

"I'll keep her under control." You joked, placing a hand against Lauren's chest and laughing at your wife and daughter.

"Thanks Ma."

"Anything for my princess." You replied with a smile. "Come on then Ava, we need to go to the store to grab some food for later."

********

About 2 hours later, you returned from the store with plenty of food and many shopping bags.

"Laur! We're home!"

You walked into the kitchen to see her sat at the counter on her phone. You placed all the bags on the counter and moved over to kiss her waiting lips.

"Darling you should have shouted me to bring the bags in for you." She started, wrapping her arms around you and kissing you again but with more passion.

Ava sat down on the stool with a disgusted expression. "PDA." was all that she groaned, resting her head against the cool marble counter.

You both laughed loudly and Lauren turned to your daughter. "As long as you and Jacob have no PDA, everything will be fine. You're still a baby in my eyes."

Ava looked up whilst blushing and then back down to her phone to avoid eye contact. Then she snapped her head up in realisation. "Shoot! I need to get ready!"

"Ava! It's 4 o'clock, we aren't serving dinner till 6." Lauren exclaimed, shaking her head and laughing.

"I know! But I still have the food to prepare and I need to do my hair and makeup and there's no time!" She panicked, making you both laugh.

"Darling, stop stressing! You go get ready and i'll sort out the dinner." You reassured her, placing a hand against her shoulder.

"Thanks ma, you're amazeballs! I love you!"

*2 hours later*

You were just finishing putting the food out on the table when the door bell rang. Then the sound of rushing footsteps came from the stairway.

"I'll get the door!" You heard your daughters voice as she ran through the house and to the front door.

Then, Lauren's loud laughter filled the house as you made your way to the front door. She reached for your hand and you walked to the entrance of your house.