Mommy?

You walked back into the living room after you had put your little girl to bed. "I think she's asleep." You broke the silence, referring to your 4 year old daughter.

Lauren was sat on the sofa, holding her hands against her head and looked down to the floor.

"Baby? What's up?" You asked in concern, rushing to sit on the sofa and looking directly at her.

"It doesn't matter." She murmured, now moving to rest her head against your legs.

"Talk to me..." You said softly, running your fingers through her hair.

Lauren looked to you with sad eyes, breaking your heart. "Just the stress."

"Of what Lo?"

"Everything babe."..."touring, music...parenting."

You felt your heart drop when she said the last word, making you look directly to her. "Parenting?" You whispered.

Lauren covered her eyes again, her voice breaking. "You're such a good mom y/n..."..."I'm such a shitty parent...and you're so good with her y/n, I feel like i'm letting you both down. I can't take this."

You quickly sat her upright and pulled her into your arms as she sobbed against your shoulder. "Please don't cry babe."..."you're the best mom in the world."..."AJ loves you so much! You're her superhero!"

Laur shook her head. "I don't feel like it."..."when I have to leave for tour, I can't spend time with her and i'm letting her down."..."It makes me feel pretty shit."

"Hey, darling." You cooed, hugging her tight before wiping the stray hairs from her face. "Remember what we said? When we found out that we were pregnant?"

Lauren lifted her head to you, her emerald eyes glistening, and you continued. "That we are in this together. Through the good and stressful times...We're a family Laur, i'll always be here to support and love you."

"I don't want to let you down." She whimpered.

You wiped her tear stained cheeks and kissed her forehead. "Nobody said that parenting is easy."..."but whenever you feel overwhelmed, I'm right here for you and I always will be Lauren Jauregui."

Your wife looked up to you with so much love in her eyes. "I love you so much." She replied in her husky tone before tangling her fingers in your hair and pulling you closer.

Just as you were leaning in to kiss Lauren, your daughters small voice could be heard from the doorway.

"Mommy?"

You both snapped your head up to see your daughter standing there with a confused look on her face.

********

"Ava?"..."are you okay?" You asked, as she was clutching onto her blanket tightly with one hand and rubbing her eyes with the other.

"I was scared mama, pwease can you sit with me?"

"Aw princess! c'mon, theres nothing to be scared of. Me and mommy are right here." You replied, getting up from the sofa and reaching your hand out for Ava to take.

"Up, up!" She begged, and you lifted her onto your hip.

Ava rested her head against your shoulder, looking over to Lauren. "Mommy? Can you come too?"

Lauren lifted her head and smiled lovingly to your little girl. "Of course mija."

**********

Just as you were tucking your daughter in, you felt a small tugging on your sleeve followed by her voice. "Mama?"

"Yes baby?" You replied as she looked up to you.

"Why was mommy crying?"

You looked to your side to see your wife. Lauren looked between you and your daughter.

"I was just tired baby girl." The singer spoke up reassuringly.

"Oh." Was all that Ava replied, before looking back to you intently.

"Mama?"

"What princess?"

"Does mommy not want to be my mommy any more?"

You didn't think that she had heard that part.

*******

Lauren looked so heartbroken at Ava's words, so you entwined your hand in hers.

"I- I erm-" Lauren stuttered, and tears started to fill in her eyes.

You squeezed her hand reassuringly, and placed a kiss against her head.

Lauren smiled gratefully before looking to your daughter. "Mommy was just being silly darling."..."I was just tired, and sometimes when people are tired, they can say silly things."

"Were you stressed mommy?" Was all that Ava said, making you and Laur look at her in confusion. Then you started to laugh.

"How do you know what stressed is princess?" You asked with amusement, looking to your four year old.

"Aunt Dinah always says she's stressed when she's super tired." Ava rambled, making you and Lauren giggle.

"Yeah baby girl, I was stressed."..."but I love you more than anything in the world mija." Lauren replied lovingly.

Ava tilted her head to the side. "You love me even more than aunt Ally's waffles?"

You looked to your wife and started to chuckle, making her laugh. Lauren ruffled Ava's hair and planted a kiss against her forehead. "Even more than aunt Ally's waffles."