part 3 :)

"Ar-are you oka-okay?" You asked in panic, holding Alyssia's face in between your hands and checking her over for any injuries.

"Yes mommy."

You were still trembling, but Alyssia just shook it off.

"Are you okay darling" Lauren directed to you in concern.

"I-i can-can't-" you tried to reply, but the shock of the previous events finally hit you.

"Mommy?" Alyssia questioned, now with sadness in her voice.

"I'm okay baby girl." You tried to reassure her, planting a kiss against her forehead.

"Thanks for saving me mommy." She murmured, as you held her against your chest.

You felt your girlfriend snake her arms around your waist and pull you both onto her lap. "He had a gun." You whispered to her, feeling a tear roll down your cheek.

"He's gone now princess, we're never gonna see him again." She replied with courage. Then she directed your face closer so you could nuzzle into the crook of her neck.

You gripped onto her tightly and then noticed something on the side of her face.

"Laur! The side of your face is purple!" You whisper-yelled, examining her closer.

Lauren lifted her hand to her cheek and winced at the touch. "Oh, I must be from when I hit it on the stairway."..."he kinda threw me down to the floor."

You snapped your head up. "What?!"

"It's okay baby, it's just a bruise."..."it's okay." Your girlfriend reassured, lacing your fingers together.

****

The three of you stayed huddled on the bedroom floor, Lauren held both of you close.

"Mama?" You heard Aly's small voice from the middle of you both, and Lauren looked down.

"Yes darling?"

Aly looked up to the pair of you before speaking up again. "Who was that bad man?"

You looked to your girlfriend, then moved to stand up. "I'll give you some privacy-"

"No babe, stay. I need your support, please." Lauren whispered, taking hold of your arm.

You looked to her nervous demeanor and nodded in sympathy. "Okay." You mouthed back to her and she pulled you back down into her lap.

"He said he's my daddy." You heard her little voice once more, making Laur cringe.

"Well...uhm."..."He is baby girl. But...he went away for a very long time and we never saw him again." Lauren explained, running her fingers nervously through her hair.

The room fell silent, and Alyssia looked up at the pair of you.

*****

"Oh."..."Well we don't need a daddy, I have you and mommy." Alyssia simply stated, making you smile.

Lauren squeezed your little girl tightly, planting kisses on her head. "I love you so much mija."

Alyssia giggled loudly at your girlfriend, making you laugh too. The mini brunette squirmed around in Lauren's grasp, trying to escape the shower of kisses.

After a few more, your girlfriend gave up, letting your little girl free. Alyssia jumped back into your arms and cuddled into your stomach, as you held her close.

"Can we go play on the beach now mommy?"