Graduation (part 1)

Sorry for being MIA, my internet's been broken 😟 here's the next part though ☺️ enjoy!

Graduation (part 1)

"Miss y/f/n, y/l/n!" You heard your principal announce, and the crowd started to cheer.

You stood from your chair, waving at your extremely proud parents and smiled lovingly as they waved back.

Then, out of the corner of your eye, you saw a flicker of familiar hair moving towards your parents. It looked like your girlfriend Lauren, but you thought that you were seeing things. The band were on tour.

You scanned the crowd again and your eyes fixed with shock. You looked closer to see Lauren stood next to your mom waving frantically, with a huge smile on her face. She nodded to the waiting principal.

You looked back to the stage and dashed to receive your graduation certificates. Still eager to be in your girlfriends arms.

"Congratulations!" The principal spoke up.

"Thankyou!"..."I would also like to say a massive thankyou to my parents, for all their support. And to my beautiful girlfriend Lauren. She's taught me so much, and thankyou for putting up with me babe!" You hollered down the microphone and the crowd cheered and laughed. You looked to your mom and she was wiping away tears and Lauren held up a heart sign with her hands.

The principal shook your hand with a smile and handed you your certificates. You waited until the cheers finished, then you ran across the stage and down the few stairs. Lauren set off running towards you too with open arms.

********

"Oh my gosh! Lauren!" You screamed, diving into her waiting arms, not caring about the stares that you were getting. "You're here!"..."what about tour?!"

She chuckled loudly, lifting you off of the ground and spinning you around. "Of course i'm here! I wouldn't miss it for the world"..."You graduated baby!"..."i'm so proud of you!"

"Thank you babe." You replied, leaning in to her waiting lips.

Your parents smiled lovingly at the encounter, as you pulled away slightly but was still wrapped up in her arms.

"But what about tour?" You asked with confusion.

"We only have rehearsals today, so I left the girls there and came here."..."but if you want me to go-" She joked.

"No!" You quickly exclaimed, hugging her even tighter and she chuckled. "You're not going anywhere."

"I know baby girl, i'd never leave you."

********

A few minutes later, after embracing you in their arms, your parents spoke up.

"We're gonna jet off y/n."

"Huh?"..."So soon?" You replied in surprise.

"Yeah, uh- we have an appointment."..."but we're so proud of you darling!" Your mom gushed, pulling you into her arms once more. "Plus, you can spend quality time with Lauren."

Little did you know, Lauren had a surprise up her sleeve and your parents knew all about it. She had organized a surprise party for you at your parents house, but you didn't have a clue.

"Oh okay." You replied with a sad tone, so Lauren wrapped her arms around you.

"Love you darling." Your father finished, planting kiss against your head.

"Love you too."

******

"Do you want to wait? To see anyone else have their graduation?" Lauren asked considerately.

"Nope, I was one of the last ones to get my certificates." You replied, leaning into her embrace.

"C'mon then, let's go." Was all the she said, taking your arm and leading you through the crowd's of people.

"Let's go where?"

"It's a surprise..."

"A surprise?"

"Just a surprise" she replied with a cheeky smile, entwining your fingers together and heading towards her car.

*********

You leaned against the car window, taking in the familiar scenery, as Lauren kept glancing over to you.

"Are you okay babe?"

"Hm"..."just kinda sad, I wanted to share today with the people that I love."..."you, my parents and the girls."..."my parent's just left." You sighed.

Lauren instantly felt guilty as she reached over the centre console and took your hand in hers, rubbing the back reassuringly.

"They said they had an appointment babe, they wouldn't leave if it wasn't important."..."and we can facetime the girls later, I promise." She replied.

*20 minutes later*

As Lauren pulled into your parents driveway, you looked out of the window in confusion.

"Laur why are we at my parents house?" You asked as the car came to a halt.

Instead of replying, the brunette jumped out of the drivers seat and made her way to the passengers side.

"Just c'mon." Was all that she replied with a huge smile, opening your car door and taking your hand.

You followed her to the front door, and she pushed down the handle.

"Mom? Dad?" You asked into the dark house, as Lauren lead you into the house. She snaked her arms around your waist and planted a kiss against the base if your neck.

All of a sudden, the lights came on and your mouth fell open in shock at the sight in front of you.

All your family were standing there with huge grins on their faces, your parents, relatives and the girls. You were showered with confetti as they screamed loudly.

"SURPRISEEEE!"