Family

The girls were performing in Boston and you were stood with your four year old daughter Ava, and Lauren's mom in the crowd.

During the last song, you looked up to see someone waving animatedly at you.

You looked in confusion, then noticed that it was your high school best friend, Nick.

Just as you were about to wave back, you felt a tugging on your jeans. You knelt down so that you could hear over the crowd. "Why's that man waving at us mama?"

"He's my friend from school darling." You reassured her.

Ava just looked confused, then back to the stage, your answer going completely over her head. "Can we go see mommy now?"

"One sec mija, let me just say hi to my friend." You replied, not wanting to be rude.

"But I wanna see mommy!"

You turned to Ava, then back to Nick as he walked through the crowd, you would feel guilty for just walking away from him.

"It's okay y/n, i'll take her." Clara spoke up lovingly, lifting Ava into her arms.

"Thanks Clara."..."i'll just be a minute."

*******

As Clara and your daughter headed for the backstage area, your friend smiled animatedly as he stood in front of you.

"Y/n! Hi! It's so nice to see you!"..."wow! You've changed!" He exclaimed.

"Hi Nick." You replied with a smile as he hugged you quickly. "So have you!"

"Congratulations on marrying a mega famous pop star." He joked.

"How did you know-"..."Oh the press." You added with laughter.

"Yeah it's kinda everywhere."

"It's so weird!" You replied, "so how are you? Have you got a family? Wife?"

"Actually, I have a husband." He replied with a smile.

"Aw! Wow! I am so happy for you Nick!"..."is he here?!" You replied excitedly, looking over his shoulder.

"He's just gone to the restroom."..."we're here with his niece but she needed to pee."

"Aw bless her, is she a harmonizer?"

"She absolutely loves the girls! She'd be fan girling like crazy right now." He replied, making you both laugh.

"Aw! We'll all have to meet her one day!"

******

After a few more minutes of speaking, Nick turned to face the exit, and then back to you with a smile.

"They'll be back from the restrooms in a minute."..."I best get back."

"Yeah, I better go too." You replied, nodding to behind the stage before opening your arms to hug your friend again.

"Well it's been lovely to see you."

"You too Nick, we'll have to meet up again - a double date!" You suggested before he turned to leave.

"Yeah definitely!" He replied happily, "i'll add you on facebook y/n."

"Oki doki! I'll see you later!"

"See you later!"

*with Ava*

"Grandma? Where's mommy?" Ava squealed from Clara's arms as the show finished, referring to Lauren.

"Shall we go find her mija?"

"Yay!"

********