Best "friends"

It was 1am when you heard loud knocking on your apartment door. You shuffled off of the couch, turned off the tv and went to see who the mysterious visitor was.

"Alright, alright!"..."i'm coming" You hollered, opening the door and stepping forward.

"Y/n, im so sorry, i di- didn't know what to do and I came he- here and wok- woke you. But i did-didn't know what to do...i'll go...i-i'm sorry" Your best friend Lauren sobbed in the doorway, but she was turning to leave.

Quickly, you reached out and held onto the clearly distraught brunette's arm, spinning her around.

"Shh, Laur, its okay, come on sweetie, whats wrong?" You asked in concern, pulling her into your warm embrace.

After a moment, you let Lauren go to close the front door. Before you entwined your fingers together, leading her into your apartment. You encouraged her to sit on the sofa, before sitting by her side.

Lauren was still crying really bad, so you wrapped your arms around her again. "Okay Laur, you're safe here...do you want a drink or anything?"

"Can we just talk y/n"

"Sure sweetie."

You took Lauren's hands into your own, comforting her and willing her to tell you what was wrong.

"H-he che-cheated on m-me." She cried, "I did-didn't know what to do, i know i'm pathet-"

"What?!"..."Don't ever think your pathetic Laur, ever!"..."and I swear to jesus! I'm going to kill him!" You shouted, so mad and confused how someone could cheat on Lauren. She's so beautiful.

At this, Laur started to sob once more. "Awh i'm sorry, I didn't mean to raise my voice hun"

Lauren shuffled closer to you, "No, no! Its not that y/n, i've never had someone care about me. Not like you do-"

"I love you." You blurted, immediately slamming your hand over your mouth.

******

"What?" Lauren questioned, staring directly at you. Without saying a word, you quickly stood, removed the brunettes hands from yours and dashed into the bathroom.

"Y/n? Where are yo-"

Before Lauren could finish, the slam of the bathroom door echoed through the apartment. Just as quickly, she stood from the sofa and approached the bathroom door, hearing you curse and pace on the other side.

"Y/n? Are you okay?"

No answer.

"Why did you run y/n?" Lauren questioned as you slumped down on the other side of the door.

"I said that I love you Laur..."

The apartment fell silent again as Lauren stood to face the door and rest her head against the cool wood.

"And I love you too y/f/n"

******

Within a few seconds of registering the words, you reached for the door handle, pulling it open and Lauren stepped forward. Without any words, you wrapped your arms around your best friends waist, lifted her up, and spun around whilst kissing passionately.

"W-wow." She stuttered when you parted for air, as she laced her arms around your waist.

"You're mine now baby."

You could see Lauren's eyes practically glistening before she leant forward and crashed her lips against yours.

"Mm, you're mine too."