Daughter gets in trouble at school

"Hi babe, what's up?" Lauren answered the phone, with her usual husky tone.

You ran your fingers through your hair, before replying. "Ava's principal just called, we need to go into the school."

"The school? What for?"

"I don't know Laur, they didn't say exactly what has happened."

"Okay, well i'll finish up here and come straight home now." She replied, before turning to the girls.

"Girls! We'll have to finish up here, i gotta go to Ava's school." You heard her say.

Then she turned back to the phone "see you soon babe. Love you."

"Love you too Laur."

**at the school**

Lauren held the car door open for you and took your hand. "Ready babe?"

"Yep." You replied with a smile, letting her lead the way to the entrance.

"How can I help you?" Came the chirpy voice of the receptionist.

However, before you could reply, a strong voice came from behind you. You instantly recognized that it was the school principal. "Mrs' Jauregui's..."..."please follow me." He requested.

You looked to your wife with confusion, and the pair of you followed the principal to his office.

"Feels like i'm back at school." Lauren whispered in your ear, making you giggle.

*****

The pair of you walked into the smart office, to see your daughter slumped in the chair.

"Ava?" You spoke up, looking to her with confusion.

"Hi mom." She murmured.

"Please take a seat." The middle aged man said politely, pointing to the vacant chairs.

*****

"So what's the issue?" Lauren started, looking to the principal with her glare.

The man sighed before looking to you and your wife. "Your daughter has hit another student."

"What?!" You gasped, snapping your head to the left and looking wide eyed at the teenager at your side.

"But I was defending you mom!" Ava retaliated.

"Explain mija." Lauren spoke up, willing her daughter to have a better excuse.

"That silly cow was talking about you both. Saying that you're dykes and that you don't deserve to be famous."

"What? Is this true?" You asked.

Ava nodded. "Yeah."

"Well, how is our daughter being punished? I understand that she hit another student, but she was on the defense. Can she not simply apologize for hitting the girl?" The singer compromised, but the principal was not impressed.

"This kind of behavior is not tolerated at all. It's not the first time that Ava has been in my office."

"Whoa-" You started, but Lauren put her hand on your knee. Knowing that she was going to take the lead on this, you smiled gratefully.

"So you're trying to tell us that our daughter is a bad kid?" She exclaimed.

"Mommmm" Ava groaned.

"Maybe if she had some normality in her life, a routine..." The principal continued. "It must be kind of hard to live the lives that you do-"

"What the hell are you trying to say?"..."I'm sorry that my career is an inconvenience for you and this school."

"Please calm down Mrs Jauregui."..."I did not mean it that wa-"

"Save it. We're taking our daughter out of this school."

"I am sorry Mrs Jauregui, but you cannot just take her out of education."

"I pay for my daughter to come here. I can take her out just as quickly." ..."Ava...grab your things sweetie, we're leaving."

With that, Ava swung her bag over her shoulder with a huge grin and stood up as you followed suit. You looked to Lauren and she smiled reassuringly before wrapping her arm around your shoulder.

"Let's go." Was all that she said, before the Principal could respond. With that, the three of you walked out of the office, closing the door behind you.

"Well, he was a jerk." You said, taking your wife's hand.

*******

"Mom, you know that I wouldn't just hit someone for the sake of it..." Ava spoke up, as you all walked down the corridors.

"We know. Thank you for defending us darling."

"Love you mom."

"Love you too sweetie."

Lauren smiled, before turning to Ava "Are you hungry mija?"

"Yeah"

"Pizza?" She suggested, causing you and your daughter to nod eagerly.

"Pizza."