Chapter 53

|Scar Stilinski|

I growled before pinning Theo into a fence, "You don't know anything."

Theo pushed me off and pinned me to the fence, "I was there! I was at the library. Malia had found the book. She was texting us to see where you two were. She said she left Stiles at the library. I told her I was close and when I got there, I heard you kill him."

Stiles decided to intervene and pushed Theo off of me, "You saw him."

"Just the body. I watched you come out... I was gonna say something but then I saw the cop car... and the body was gone. I don't know who took him. I only saw what you saw. I didn't say anything because you didn't."

A siren went off as a police car rode down the street.

"That's not an ambulance, is it?"

I shook my head, "We need to get out of here."

"We can't just leave him."

"Fine, Let's take him. Someone's taking the bodies anyway. This is our chance to find out who. Stiles, come on."

Stiles glared at Theo, "You killed him."

"It's self defense. He was going to kill all of us. We stay and we have to tell the truth or have a pretty convincing story." Theo defended himself.

I sighed, "Stiles, it's your choice. We're going have to lie to dad though."

"Don't worry. I've had plenty of practice."

-------------------------------------------

"You know him?" I asked softly.

"His name's Josh. He was a junior... Which one did it? The one with the cane?"

"Yeah." Theo lied.

"What are we gonna do with him? We can't just set the alarm and leave. That's how Tracy disappeared. Someone's got to stay here with him."

"I'll do it. It's not like I had a big Saturday night planned." Theo offered.

Scott's phone buzzed.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Another one. Another chimera."

----------------------------------------

"Hayden, it's Scott. I know that you're scared but we want to help... I can hear her heart beating, she's really freaked out. What happened?" Scott asked Liam.

"She was okay when we got here. I text you for two seconds and she locked herself in."

"Why?

Liam shrugged, "I don't know."

"She's definitely a chimera." I spoke up.

"She said she heard a voice saying 'your condition improves'."

"That's unsettling...Hayden, you probably don't know me but I'm Scar. Your sister works with my dad and boyfriend at the station. Just open the door, okay? You can trust us."

"We need to tell you the truth, Hayden, and that kind of thing is better face to face." Scott added.

"Listen, either you open the door and trust us or I'm going to have to break it down."

I stepped back to prepare myself but she unlocked the door. Scott slowly pushed it open. Her eyes were glowing yellow and her claws were out.

"I believe you."

-------------------------------------------

I looked up at Scott, "A map of telluric currents?"

"The dread doctors didn't like coming into Eichen House because of them. Maybe we can use them to protect Hayden."

"Besides Eichen, Where's the strongest conversion?" Stiles asked.

"You're standing on it."

"You wanna hide her in the high school? For how long?"

Scott shrugged, "If we have to, all night. Liam convinced Hayden not to say anything to her sister yet. She's working a double tonight. She thinks Hayden's staying at a friend's."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Why a school though, I mean it's not exactly a fortress."

"Lydia had a idea. Remember what Valack said? She thinks he wasn't just saying that to be smart, she thinks maybe it was a clue."

"To do what?"

"Disrupt the frequency."

-------------------------------------

Parrish was outside, Malia was in one hallway while I was in another, Theo and Stiles were outside the animal shelter, and the rest of us were hiding in the boys' locker room.

Five hours have passed and nothing happened yet. I heard Parrish honk the car horn. I left my post and went outside. As soon as I got into the car, Parrish's mouth was on mine.

I held in my moans as he began to kiss down my neck, "We're supposed to be keeping watch."

"There's two werewolves, a werecoyote, a banshee, and a chimera in there. They can handle it." He mumbled.

"Ah, Fück it."

I grabbed the end of his shirt and pulled it over his head. His lips went back to my neck before he ripped my shirt off, literally, making the buttons fly everywhere. Parrish's hands went to my hips, where they literally burned my skin.

I flinched, "Ow. What are you doing?"

"Sh. Relax."

The fire spread all over my body and I screamed.

-----------------

I screamed and jumped up.

"Sorry! Sorry! I was trying to help. Liam. He said pain makes you human." Mason said quickly.

I looked around to see that I was still in the hallway, "What happened? What are you doing here?"

"I found another chimera. His name's Cory."

"Where's everyone else?"

Mason shrugged, "I don't know. I just got here."

I ran to the locker room at the same time Scott did. Lydia and Malia were already standing there.

"Wait, where's Liam and Hayden?" Scott asked.

"They're gone. Hayden and Liam are gone."

[late update oops]