Chapter 40

|Scar Mejia|

I walked into the locker room, searching for Scott.

"If anyone sees Garrett, notify the police immediately and tell him he's off the damn team! Mejia! Why are you late?"

All eyes were on me now.

I ignored his question and asked one of my own, "Where's Scott?"

Coach pointed towards where he was. I walked around the corner and saw Liam spying on Scott with his father.

"Dad, really. I'm okay." Scott said.

"I should've been there. I said I would come to your games."

"It was a scrimmage. I didn't even tell you about it."

"I promised your mom I'd be around so she can pick up some double shifts at the hospital." Agent McCall replied.

"You're here now." Scott said smiling.

I threw my arm over Liam's shoulders and smiled at him. I instantly stopped when I saw Violet being arrested by Parrish.

She looked at his name badge on his shirt, "You're Jordan Parrish?"

"Deputy. Parrish." He said angrily.

I like it when he's angry. I glared at her and she smirked in return. Liam and I walked over to Scott.

"Hey, where's Kira?" Scott asked.

Liam explained what happened.

"Her mom's on the list." Scott realized.

"Everyone's on the list." Liam growled.

"You're not." I said softly.

"Not yet. There's still another third, right?" Scott looked up to see his father talking to Violet.

"Oh, that's right...You don't have any parents. That's why they call you the orphans."

I know that feeling...

"We have to get to their lockers before they do." Scott said before running off to find it with Liam and I behind him.

"You two keep lookout while I check for anything."

I heard Scott break the lock. After about a minute, I heard footsteps from the hallway.

"I think I hear someone coming. Hurry." Liam whispered.

"You find anything?" I asked.

"No. Nothing."
___________________________

"Your dad should be back within the hour. You want to wait in his office?" Parrish asked.

"Actually, I want to talk to you. Privately." I pulled him into my dad's office and locked this door.

I pulled the paper out of my bag and handed it to him.

"This is a hit list?" "We call it a Dead Pool."

Parrish looked up at me, "Who's 'We'?"

"My brother, Scott, Lydia, et cetera. Recognize any of the names?"

"Yeah. The Sheriff had me run a bunch of these through the system last night but we couldn't find any of them."

I flipped the paper over, revealing his name. "Okay. That's kind of terrifying. What's the number?" Parrish asked.

"That's how much you're worth."

"I'm worth five dollars?!"

"Five million."

Parrish looked up at me, "I only make 40,000 a year. Maybe I should kill myself. I don't get it. Why... Why am I on this?"

I sighed, "We'll save that question for another day. Right now, there's still another third of the list we need to crack. We need a third cipher key but we need help getting it."

"From who?"

"Meredith." I whispered.

"The girl from Eichen? Last time she was here, Lydia almost gave her a nervous breakdown."

I slowly walked towards him, "Please." I slowly kissed up the side of his neck.

Parrish sighed, "Scar."

I kept going. "Okay, fine. You win."
__________________________

One of the workers were about to unlock Meredith's door when another worker spotted us.

"Oh, no, not this guy." Stiles mumbled. Who was he?

"What the hell are we running here? A bed and breakfast? We do not just open the door for anyone with a badge." The worker scolded the other worker.

"We need to talk to Meredith Walker. It involves a murder investigation." Parrish told him.

"Well, you can talk to her all you want, but these three, especially those two... They're outta here." 

I gave him a look, "Me? What did I do? I don't even know you." Stiles patted my shoulder.

"They're crucial witnesses in an outgoing investigation. I wouldn't have brought them here if it wasn't absolutely... crucial."

"Okay, Deputy. How about you come back with a court order, then I'll listen. As for you, Mr. Stilinski, how about you come back with payment in full. That's right. Daddy may be the sheriff, but he's late on the bills. I guess those government jobs aren't as reliable as they used to be, huh?"

Okay, I really want to kick this asshole in the face.

"But they do help when you need a favor. Like, how a month ago, Canaan P.D. helped you get home after blowing 0.1 on a breathalyzer." Parrish said, matter-of-factly.

I smirked at the worker.

"All right. I'm not against a little quid pro quo. Not at all." The worker gave us the keys and walked away.

"You. You, I like you. I'm gonna keep you." Stiles told Parrish.

"No. I'm keeping him. I called dibs."

"Whatever, Scarlett."
__________________________

Talking to Meredith was pointless. She didn't give us the cipher key.

"I just wished that Meredith would've helped us out." I whispered.

"You guys will figure it out eventually. I have faith in you." Parrish squeezed my hand.

Suddenly, I heard the echo of a loud growl. Liam. I stood up and put on my jacket.

"Where are you going?"

"I can't tell you yet but I'll tell you soon."

Parrish sighed, "You can't keep running out on me, Scar."

"I know. I know. I'm sorry." I kissed him on the lips, "I'll be back."

I drove to the reservation and followed Liam's scent. I found him in an abandoned well. I grabbed his wrist, right before he fell.

I pulled him out, "You're okay, Liam." Liam let out a small whimper and threw his arms around me. I hugged him back, "You're okay.

• I loved this episode. The Liam in a well scene and that Sciam hug made me cry. Wtf is Parrish? Anyways, sorry for any errors/typos.