Chapter 52

|Scar Stilinski|

[THIS REACHED 20K READS *screeches in banshee* 😘😘😘]

"Chimeras." Dad mumbled.

"Two dead chimeras." I confirmed, looking at Lucas and Tracy's pictures on the wall.

"And eight new ones." Malia added.

"So, ten in all."

"I'm thinking eleven." Dad pinned Donovan's picture on the wall next to Tracy's.

"Our station tech guys confirmed something for me. They said both the holding cell lock and the cameras could've malfunctioned because of something electromagnetic. You said that these guys,"

"Dread doctors." Malia interrupted.

"Are we really calling them that?"

I nodded, "So, they broke Donovan out."

"That's how they got into Eichen, isn't it?"

"Donovan's a chimera but was he a failure like Lucas and Tracy?" Malia asked.

I shrugged, "If he is, he's probably dead."

"Not until I've seen a body... You're uncharacteristically quiet." Dad directed the last part to Stiles.

"Sorry, I'm just trying to think about it. These are all teenagers, right? Shouldn't we be trying to figure out why these teenagers? If the dread doctors will through all that- burying them, killing them, breaking one out of jail,"

I smiled at Stiles for being a genius, "They couldn't of been chosen at random."

"They have to have something in common." Malia added.

Dad nodded, "Something that made them right. Right for the experiment."

"Something that made them special." Stiles whispered.

-
-
-

"That all you got, baby?" I smirked as I blocked another one of Parrish's punches.

Parrish sighed, "I'm trying not to hurt you."

"I'm an Inugami. You could stab me 20 times and I'd still be breathing. I can handle a few punches. Keep going."

Parrish took off his jacket, leaving him in a muscle tank and sweats. I took of my jacket too, revealing my sports bra. His eyes stayed on my face though. Parrish swung a punch, which I easily dodged. I kicked his leg, not hard enough to do any damage but hard enough to knock him down. Parrish grabbed me as he fell, making me fall with him.

I stayed on top of him, "What did you do wrong?"

"I got distracted."

"By what?"

"You." He mumbled.

"Bad idea," I stood up and help Parrish up too, "C'mon."

"Where are we going?"

I nodded my head towards the bathroom, "Shower."

"Why?"

"Because we need to shower."

He smirked before taking off his shirt and following me in.

-
-

"My mom's book club usually has more wine." Lydia joked.

"They probably didn't read books that cause violent hallucinations." I replied.

"That's why Malia is here."