Chapter 25

|Scar Mejia|

Last night was kind of hectic. We ended up finding Malia in that woods. She was the coyote that Scott and I chased.

"There's where we found the den. It's right in the middle of the hiking trails." Stiles showed Allison on his phone.

"Well, that could narrow it down. Coyotes travel in fixed trails but I think you're right about her not going back to the den. Coyotes don't like wolves and they're really smart. If they don't want to be heard, they actually walk on their toes." Allison explained.

"Coyotes tip-toe?" Stiles asked.

"They tip-toe." The bell rung.

"I gotta go, but send me the pinned location." She said, before leaving.

I watched as Kira walked over to Scott. They make a really good couple.

"Kira, you forgot that research for that boy you like." Mr. Yukimura said, handing her the stack of papers.

I fücking knew it!

"There's a passage that I'd like to go over in more detail. Who would like to come up and read aloud for us? Mr. Stilinski, how about you?" Oh sh¡t...

"Oh, maybe someone else could." Stiles replied.

"Everyone participates in my class, Mr. Stilinski."

"Okay." He slowly got up.

Stiles stared at the paper, trying to read it. He started breathing hard.

"Stiles, you okay?" I slowly stood up.

He stumbled, almost falling over.

"I should take him to the nurse's office." I offered.

Mr. Yukimura nodded. Stiles stumbled into the boys' bathroom, which I followed him into.

"Stiles, look at me. Is this a panic attack?" I asked.

Stiles walked over to the sink, "It's a dream, it's a dream. This is just a dream." He mumbled.

"No, it's not. This is real. You're here. You're here with me. Okay, what do you do? How do you tell if you're awake or dreaming?" I asked.

"Your fingers... You count your fingers. You have extra fingers in dreams." He stuttered.

I slowly raised my hands.

"How many do I have? Look at me, Stiles. Look at my hands and count with me. One..." I started, "Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven. Eight. Nine. Ten."

Stiles' breathing slowed down, "Ten."

He sat on the floor.

"What the hell is happening to me?" Stiles asked.

"We'll figure it out. You're gonna be okay." I whispered.

"Am I? Are you? Scarlett, you're seeing visions of your dead parents being killed, Scott can't transform, and I'm straight up losing my mind. We can't do this. We can't... We can't help Malia. We can't help anyone." Stiles whispered.

I sat down in front of him, "We can try. We can always try."
________________________________

Malia was here. In the school. She nearly attacked Kira but Scott came to the rescue.

"I think I know what she was looking for." Stiles mumbled.

He opened his back and took the doll out.

"You took the doll from the car?" Scott asked.

"Yeah, I thought you could use it, you know, for like her scent." Stiles whispered.