Chapter 14

|Scar Mejia|

"You know, I'm starting not to like this idea. Sounds kinda dangerous..." Isaac said, walking back and forth, "You know what? I definitely don't like this idea, and I definitely don't like him." He finally stopped pacing.

"You'll be fine." I said, not looking up from my phone.

"Does it have to be him?"

"He knows how to do it. I don't. It'd be more dangerous if I tried doing it myself." Derek mumbled.

"You know Scott and Scar don't trust him, right? You know, personally, I'd trust them."

"Thanks." I mumbled, continuing to play on my phone.

"Do you trust me?" Derek asked Isaac.

"Yeah... I still don't like him."

I laughed, "Nobody likes him."

The door opened and Peter walked in, "Boys... and Scarlett. F.Y.I., Yes, coming back from the dead has left my abilities somewhat impaired, but the healing still works. So I hope you're comfortable saying whatever it is that you're feeling straight to my face." Peter said.

I stood up, "We don't like you. Now shut up and help us."

"Fair enough."

Peter pulled up a chair for Isaac to sit in, "Relax. I'll get more out of you if you're calm."

Peter walked behind him.

"How do you know how to do this, again?" Isaac asked.

"It's an ancient ritual used mostly by alphas, since it's a skill that requires quite a bit of practice. One slip, and you could paralyze someone. Or kill them."

Wait, paralyze or kill them?

"You've had a lot of practice, though, right?" I asked.

"Well, I've never paralyzed anyone."

"Wait, does that mean that you-," Isaac was cut off by Peter sticking his nails in the back of his neck.

"Wait, I see them."

After a few more seconds, Peter pulled back.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

Isaac nodded, touching the back of his neck.

"What'd you see?" Derek asked Peter.

"It was confusing. Um, Im-images. Vague shapes. Isaac found them."

"Erica and Boyd?" I asked.

"I barely saw them. I mean, glimpses."

"But you did see them."

"Worse," Peter whispered, "Deucalion."

Who?

"He was talking to them. Something about time running out."

"What does it mean?" Isaac asked.

"He's gonna kill them." Derek said bluntly.

"No, no, no, no, he didn't say that. He did make them a promise that by the full moon that they'd both be dead."

"The next full moon?" I asked.

"Tomorrow night."

_______________________________

"Obviously, it's not going to be particularly... comfortable. But if we can slow your heart rate down enough, you'll slip into a trance-like state." Deaton explained to Isaac, while Derek, Stiles, Scott and I filled the tub with ice.

"Like being hypnotized?"

"Exactly. You'll be half transformed. It'll let us access your subconscious mind."

"How slow does his heart rate need to be?" Scott asked.

"Very slow."

"Okay, how slow is very slow?" Derek asked.

"Nearly dead."

"It's safe, though, right?" I asked.

"Do you want me to answer honestly?"

I sighed and looked back at the water, "No, not really."

Isaac stood up and sighed.

"If it feels to risky, you don't have to do this." Scott and I nodded in agreement.

Isaac took off his shoes, then his shirt. He smirked at me, noticing that I was checking him out. He stepped into the tub and sat down.

"Ready?"

Isaac nodded. Scott and Derek pushed him under the water. Isaac came up and roared.

"Get him back under water." Deaton instructed.

I walked over and held his legs down, while Scott and Derek each had an arm. Isaac kept fighting.

"Hold him."

"We're trying!" Derek yelled.

After a few seconds, he stopped moving. It felt like I practically just drowned him.

"Now, remember, only I talk to him. Too many voices will confuse him and draw him out." Deaton instructed.

"Isaac? Can you hear me?"

"Yes. I can hear you." He responded.

"This is Dr. Deaton. I'd like to ask you a few questions, is that all right?"

"Yes."

"I want to ask you about the night you found Erica and Boyd."

5 minutes later, we knew that Boyd and Erica were in Beacon Hills First National Bank. It's an abandoned bank and they're keeping them in a vault. We also know that Erica may be dead.