Chapter 9

|Scar Mejia|

"What is that?" Isaac asked, referring to the carving on the crate.

"It's a triskele. Spirals mean different things- past, present, future. Mother, father, child." Boyd answered.

"You know what it means to me?" Derek asked.

"Alpha, beta, omega?"

"That's right." Derek smiled, "It's a spiral. Reminds us that we can all rise to one or fall to another. Betas can become alphas, but alphas can also fall to betas or even omegas." He informed us.

"Like Scott?" Isaac asked.

"Scott's on our team." I answered.

"Really? Then where is he now?" He raised an eyebrow.

"He's looking for Jackson. Don't worry. He's not gonna have it easy tonight either. None of us will. There's a price you pay for this kind of power. You get the ability to heal. But tonight you're gonna want to kill anything you can find." Derek informed them.

"Good thing I had my period last week, then." Erica joked.

I rolled my eyes.

"Well, this ones for you." Derek held up a head gear with screws on it.
_______________________________

"What if we break free?" Boyd asked, as I tightened the locks on his hands.

"Then you'll do any you can to get out of here. Probably try to kill Scar and I, then kill each other and kill anything else with a heartbeat. I need you to hold her." Derek said, directing the last part to Isaac.

"So how come she gets to wear the headband?" Isaac asked.

"Because she'll be able to withstand more pain than the two of you." Derek answered.

"There's an extra one in here if you really want it." I told Isaac, looking through the trunk of chains.

"I'll pass." He mumbled.

I watched as Derek put the head band on Erica and began screwing the screws into her head. I flinched as she let out a high-pitched scream. After about 20 minutes, Boyd and Erica started shifting. I began strapping Isaac down.

"How do you not feel this?" Isaac asked me.

"I can feel it. It just doesn't... control me like its controls you guys." I bent down to strap his ankles down.

"Then how do you control your wolf?"

I looked up at him, "Find an anchor. Something meaningful to you. Bind yourself to it and keep the human side in control."

"What is it for you?"

"My brother... but it doesn't have to be family for everybody." I whispered.

"You ever hear the phrase 'find your happy place'?" Isaac nodded. "Find your happy place and think of it the whole time."
_________________________________

I knew that the chains weren't going to hold them. Erica ripped off her head band... while the nails were still in. I ducked as she swung at me. Just as Erica scratched my stomach, Isaac jumped out the window.

"Isaac!" I yelled but Erica pushed me down.

I kicked Erica in the face, knocking her down while Derek tried to restrain Boyd. Boyd broke free and almost escaped but Isaac, who came back in the nick of time, pushed him back. Erica stabbed me in the back, literally. I turned around and punched her in the face, knocking her out. I turned back to Isaac, who winked at me.