Chapter 13

^Scar's tattoo

|Scar Mejia|

"Boy, it's a good thing you drew me a picture." The tattoo artist said sarcastically.

"Hey, Scott, sure you don't want something like this?" Stiles held up a picture of something that looked similar to the Kanima, "Too soon? Yeah... I don't know, man, are you sure about this? I mean, these things are pretty permanent, you know?"

"I'm not changing my mind."

"Okay, but why two bands?" I asked.

"Just like it." Scott shrugged.

"Okay but don't you think your first tattoo should have some sort of meaning, like Scar's tattoo, or something?"

I had gotten a tattoo of "control" on my wrist. A symbol of me now having control over my own life.

"Getting a tattoo means something."

"He's right, tattooing goes back thousands of years. The Tahitian word 'Tatua' means 'to leave a mark.' Like a rite of passage." The tattoo artist explained.

"Yeah, you see? He gets it."

"He's covered in tattoos, Scott, literally." Stiles looked between the both of them.

"Okay, you ready? You ain't got any problems with needles, do you?" The artist asked.

Scott shook his head, "Nope."

He turned the machine on and started the tattoo.

"I tend to get a little squeamish though, so..." Stiles fainted onto the floor.

After 30 more minutes, Scott was done. We got into the jeep.

"You okay?" I asked.

"It kinda burns." Scott replied.

"Yes, you just had your skin stabbed about 100,000 times with a needle."

"Yeah but I don't think it's supposed to feel like this.... Oh, God. It's definitely not supposed to feel like this. Oh, I gotta take this thing off." He peeled the bandage off.

It was red and slightly faded. We watched as it disappeared right off his arm.

"It healed." Scott sighed.

"Ah, thank God, I hated it." Stiles mumbled.

"Why didn't my tattoo heal?" I asked to myself.
_______________________________

On our way home last night, we ran into Allison and Lydia, who ignored us until a deer ran head-first into their car. But Today was the first day back to school. As I walked down the hall, I called Derek.

"What?" He answered.

"Well, hello to you too."

"Aren't you in school?" Derek asked.

"Yeah, but I wanted to check in."

He was silent for a few seconds, "He didn't come back yet."

Isaac was missing for the past three days and there were no signs of him.

"Alright, thanks Derek." I hung up.

Suddenly, I smelled two werewolves. Alphas to be exact. I looked up to see two twins walking down the hallway. They smirked once they saw me. Ah, fück.
________________________________

"The offing was barred by a black bank of clouds and the tranquil waterway, leading to the uttermost ends of the earth flowed diner under an overcast sky, seemed to lead into the heart of an immense darkness. This is last line to the first book we are going to read. It is also the last text you will receive in this class. Phones off, everyone." The teacher both read and announced.

20 minutes later, the principal walked in.

"Ms. Mejia. You're being dismissed."

I packed my stuff and walked into the hall. Who got me out early?

"The hospital called. Something about Isaac Lahey."

They found him? Why was he at the hospital? I sped down to the hospital in my truck, not stopping for all red lights.

"Where is he?" I asked Mama McCall.

"He's in room 215 if he isn't already in surgery." She whispered.

"Thanks." I hugged her and ran to the elevator.

How bad was his injuries? The doors opened again and a blind man walked in.

"Would you hit the button for the second floor, please?"

I had already hit two but I hit it again anyways.

"Thank you."

After a few awkward seconds, the doors opened.

"You wouldn't mind helping me out for a second, would you?" The man placed his hand on my shoulder.

After 5 minutes, I helped the man to his room. I looked for room 215 but he wasn't there. I heard a wheelchair squeaking. Isaac was in it being pulled into the elevator by a really huge doctor. He was an alpha too. I could smell him. The dude smirked and hit the button. I growled and ran to the elevator just in time. The alpha threw me into the wall, then picked me up and threw me into the ceiling of the elevator. He grabbed me by my neck.

"Don't you know who you're dealing with? I'm an alpha." He growled.

The elevator door opened and Derek stabbed him in the back, making him drop me.

"So am I."

Derek grabbed the alpha and threw him into the hallway.

He turned back towards me, "Aren't you supposed to be in school?"

"Isn't he?" I nodded toward Scott who was with him.
_________________________________

We took Isaac to Derek's old home. Apparently, there was something there he needed to heal Isaac. I stayed by Isaac while Derek and Scott helped him. After a few minutes, Stiles came to help with Scott's tattoo. I tried to block out Scott's screams and growls as Derek burned the tattoo into his skin.

"It worked."

"Well, it's permanent now." Stiles joked.

"Yeah. I kind of needed something permanent. Everything that's happened to us- everything just changes so fast. Everything's so, uh ephemeral." Scott said.

"Studying for the PSATs?" I asked.

"Yep."

"Nice."

Scott stopped at the door.

"You painted the door. Why'd you paint the door?" He asked.

"Go home, Scott." Derek mumbled.

Scott began scratching the paint with his nails, revealing the alpha pack symbol. Derek explained what the symbol was and told him about the alpha pack. Suddenly, Isaac sat up.

"Where is she? Where's the girl?" Isaac asked, looking around.

I raised an eyebrow, "What girl?"