Chapter 51

|Scar Stilinski|

-

-

"I bet he probably left out the part where he was sitting in the car, calling for backup while my dad was going in alone. Did he tell you that he was too scared? Too much of a frightened little bitch to go after him or do scared little bitches not tell their little bitch sons about their failures?" Donovan nearly yelled to Stiles.

"Calling my father a bitch is one thing but calling my brother a bitch just signed your death certificate." I growled.

Donovan smirked at me before reaching in between a bookshelf and pulling Stiles through it. I let out a huge growl and shoved Donovan into another bookshelf.

"Stiles, get the hell out of he-," I was cut off by Donovan's hand gripping my throat.

I felt something biting into my neck. I grabbed his wrist and twisted it until it broke. He had a mouth on his hand with little sharp teeth. Donovan shoved me into the ladder than Stiles was on, making Stiles almost fall.

"Scar, look out." Stiles yelled as a pole fell down.

I grabbed it before it hit me and shoved it straight through Donovan's chest.

"No. No. No. No. Why did I just do that?" I whispered.

He coughed up blood. Stiles climbed off the ladder and attempted to pull the pole out. Donovan growled before releasing his last breath. Stiles' heart started racing. He dialed 911 from the phone in the library but didn't say anything when they picked up. Stiles' phone started ringing from Donovan's pocket. I grabbed it and passed it to show him that Malia was calling. He shook his head and walked outside. By the time I got there, His jeep was fixed and he was inside. I hopped into the passenger seat as the cops pulled up.

When the officer left out of the school, I listened to the conversation.

"Dispatch, I'm 10-97 and there's no one here. It's a 653." The officer reported.

"Roger that, prank call. Return to your patrol." I heard the lady on the other side of the radio say.

I glared at the truck, "He's got to be in there. I just killed him not too long ago."

"I don't know but let's find out." Stiles mumbled before we left to go back to the library.

The officer was right. There's no one in here. Donovan's body is gone.

-
-
-

"The Dread Doctors by T.R. McCammon." Lydia read out loud.

"Has anyone read it yet?" I asked when I got to my locker.

"Just me and I didn't understand any of it." Malia admitted.

"We should all read it."

"Kira's working on that. She's making copies in the library."

Lydia turned the book around and read the description, "In a small New England town, teenagers are taken in the night and buried alive. Days later they emerge transformed, wreaking havoc and spreading terror, commanded by an ancient order of para-scientists known only as the Dread Doctors. Sounds vaguely familiar. How does it end?"