Chapter 15

|Scar Mejia|

I ran down to the reservation and saw Isaac fighting a werewolf with some scared girl, a human, watching. The werewolf threw Isaac into the tree. I jumped over Isaac and kicked her in the side. She got up and growled at me. Derek came over and growled back. The wolf took off and Scott, Isaac and Derek ran after her. I walked over to the woman, who witnessed the whole fight, she stepped back.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"What?" She whispered.

"Are you all right?" She didn't answer.

"You need to get out of here, okay? Get out of the woods. Get out of here as fast as you can." I told her before running after the boys.

They had lost her. Scott's phone rung. Scott told us about the dead body that Lydia found.

Derek sighed, "It doesn't make any sense. The public pool is all the way on the other side of the woods. We haven't tracked them anywhere near there."

"Derek, they killed someone. Some totally innocent kid is dead... And it's our fault. We need help." Scott said.

"We have Scar and Isaac now." Derek pointed to us.

"They're too fast for us, for all of us."

"We can catch them." Isaac said confidently.

"Where are we going to keep them? We're just gonna hold them down until the sun comes up?" I asked.

"Maybe it would be easier just to kill 'em." Derek mumbled.

"Killing them isn't the right thing to do."

I raised an eyebrow, "What if it's the only thing to do?"

"If we can't even catch them, what else do we do?" Isaac asked.

"Find someone who knows what they're doing." Scott smiled lightly.

"Who?" Derek asked.

"Someone who knows how to hunt werewolves."
__________________________________

"You're tracking them by print?" Argent asked.

Why Scott calls hunters around us was still a concept I didn't understand. I didn't like hunters but I will tolerate them for the sake of the pack.

"Trying to." Scott told him.

"Then you've been wasting your time. There's only one creature on earth that can visually track footprints, and that's man. And if you're not trained like me, you have no idea that this print is Boyd's and these-,"

Isaac interrupted, "Are Cora's."

Chris shook his head, "Nope. They're yours. You trampled Cora's as soon as you walked over here... Listen, I know the four of you are focusing half your energy on resisting your own urges under the full moon, but that puts you at a severe disadvantage to Boyd and Cora, who have fully given in. They put the pedal to the floor where you four are barely hitting the speed limit." Argent told us.

"So what do we do?" Derek asked.

"Focus on your sense of smell. Actual wolves are known to track their prey by up to a hundred miles a day by scent. A trained hunter can use scent to track them." Chris told us more about how to track them, "When's the last time you saw your sister?"

"Nine years. I thought she died in the fire."

"Do you feel like you have a lock on her scent?"

Derek shook his head.

Chris turned "Scarlett, how confident are you in your skills?"

"Most of the time, I'm trying not to think about all the things I can smell. My nose is pretty strong." I told him in honesty.

The four of us came up with a plan to lock Boyd and Cora in the boiler room at school.

"The red doors. Open them."

"I'll do it." Derek volunteered.

"Someone has to drive them inside." I said.

"I'll go." Chris volunteered.

Isaac shook his head, "No, I'll go. I'm faster."

Scott, Derek and I ran inside the school while Isaac went around the back to led them inside.

"Come and get us." Derek said, before running towards the boiler room with Scott and I behind him.

Derek and Scott sprayed them with a fire extinguisher he found. While they were distracted, We ran out the boiler room and locked the door.

"Did that actually just work?" I asked.

Derek nodded, "It worked."

I sat on the stairs next to the Boiler Room.

"What are you hearing?" Derek asked, as Scott pressed his ear to the door.

"Heartbeats."

"Both of 'em?" I questioned.

"Actually...Three of them."

Someone else was in that room with two rabid werewolves. Derek walked over to the door.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Close the door behind me and keep it shut." Derek commanded.

"You go in there alone, and you're either gonna kill them, or they kill you." Scott said.

"That's why I'm going in alone." He opened the door and ran in.

I quickly locked it.

After a few hours, I heard Isaac, "Scar? Scott? The sun's coming up!"

Scott opened the door and ran in while I waited for Isaac. First thing I saw was Boyd and Cora knocked out besides a bleeding Derek.

"There's a teacher. I'll take care of her. Get them out of here." Derek said.