Chapter 50

CHAPTER 50 ALREADY⁉️⁉️⁉️

|Scar Stilinski|

"You gonna do a magic trick?" Parrish asked me once he noticed the lighter in my hand.

I shook my head, "No but you are."

"I only know one trick and its with a playing card."

"This one involves a lighter and your hand."

Parrish chuckled, "This is sounding less like a magic trick and more like assault."

"It's a little dangerous, yes, but it's not as bad as being lit on fire in a deputy sheriff car which you walked away from unscathed."

"Not entirely, I had to pay for the uniform."

I playfully rolled my eyes, "Give me your hand."

"I think I seen something like this in a movie." I heard him mumble.

I lit the lighter and bought it to his hand.

It was there for a second before Parrish pulled his hand away, "Ow! Son of a..."

"You and I both know that you can last longer than that, babe."

Parrish rolled his eyes but smirked nevertheless, "That's in a whole other field, sweetheart."

"Now, I want you to do something different. Don't think about the flame. Don't think about the heat. Don't think about it hurting. Don't even look at it."

Parrish nodded, "Okay."

I relit the lighter and brought it to his hand. It burned into his palm before I felt the flame myself and pulled away.

"What happened?" Parrish asked.

I nodded, "It's too hot. My thumb was too close to the flame."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, are you okay?"

Parrish wiped the soot off his hand, revealing unblemished skin.

"Did it hurt?"

Parrish shook his head.

"When you were looking at me, your eyes drifted. What were you thinking about?" I asked him.

"A dream."

"What dream?"

"I've had it on and off for six months. I'm carrying a body but it's completely burned. I can't see who it is or who it was."

"Where were you taking it?"

"A clearing. It had a huge tree in the middle of it. You'd think it was a thousand years old. It's been cut down. It's a stump."

"It's real. A real tree and a real part of Beacon Hills. Used to be the center of a grove of trees called the Nemeton." I informed him.

"What's a Nemeton?"

"A sacred meeting place for Celtic Druids. They were scientists and healers thousands of years ago."

"I've never seen that place."

"That's why you're here. It drew you here. That's what it does. It's a beacon for supernatural creatures. It might even make them more powerful. What else happens?"

"I put the body down and that's the end of the dream."

-
-
-

I waited outside of Jonathan's school waiting for his class to come out.