69: Bloodthirst

The anger he felt shot into me ten times stronger than what I’d felt at my own humiliation. It overpowered the pain that pulsed up my tailbone into my back and instead I launched to my feet, tackling Francis to the ground. He hit it with aloud thump, all of my weight going with him. I landed, straddling his waist between my decently toned legs. However strong I was normally didn’t seem to apply as instincts took over and I grabbed a handful of his collar. I jerked his head up towards mine basking in the utter surprise that laced all of his features. That’s right. I just knocked you on your ass you ass. I thought smugly.

“Kiss me again and I’ll wear your fangs as earrings,” I threatened, the words coming before I even knew what I was saying. My eyes flickered over his expression, basking in how shocked he appeared to be. The answer for what to do next just seemed to roll through me on a whim. So I reared my head back and head butted him with all of my force, using my upper body for the momentum as I kept my neck straight and smashed the dome of my head into his forehead.

The result was instant as a loud crack filled the air and a trickle of blood ran down his forehead to settle on top of his closed eyelid. I could feel the shock in the air as he lay beneath me. I released his shirt and his head fell limply towards the ground. It hit it with a thud that made my nerves tingle in response. His eyes shot open and the deep grey seemed to form a pit for me to fall into. I found myself momentarily stunned, gazing at his eyes, my breath freezing in my lungs unable to move.

He’s doing it with his eyes! My mind warned me and I scuttled off of his body just in time. His hands snatched in the air where I’d been a second ago. A wild growl ripped through the air as Francis leapt to his feet and darted towards me. My knee dragged against the cement as I tried desperately to get to my feet before he could reach me. It was too late.

His hand grabbed a handful of my hair, roughly tangling his fingers in my fine dark golden curls. With a heave he yanked on my head pulling me to my feet with such strength I could hear the individual strands of hair tearing their roots from my scalp. He hauled me to my feet forcing me to stand on my tippy toes to try and support my weight.

I yelled in pain, ignoring the voice in my head telling me not to let him have the satisfaction, and desperately tried to pry his hands free from y hair. He responded by sweeping his arm rightwards, dragging me along with it, and letting go with a forceful push. There was nothing I could do to stop my body from raising into the air and soaring a few feet before gravity took over and I landed roughly on the ground.

My feet wouldn’t respond in time to force myself back up but that didn’t matter. Francis was kind enough to help me to my feet, his hands sweeping under me as he hoisted me from the ground and tossed me casually over his shoulder. I groaned as his shoulder dug into my chest and the air rushed out of me in a loud oof. His hand wound around my legs as he hold me still, the feeling of his erratic breathing moving my whole body with every breath.

“Had enough?” he asked, his smug voice filling the air as he tried to keep his voice even.

Not even a second passed but it felt like an eternity as my mind reeled. Images flashed through my mind at the speed of light; too fast for me to comprehend. But my body understood and a burning sensation filled my every pore. I wrapped my arms around his waist in a steely embrace as I flung my legs backwards. In a elegant arch my body carried itself over his shoulder and I released him at the best possible moment to land on my feet behind him in some sort of assisted backflip.