Prologue

"And it's a close shave, but it seems the Senju have been overtaken by their longtime rivals, the Uchiha! Let's see what their representative Fugaku has to say about the party's long sought after victory..."

Two years ago, there was a huge shift in politics that changed the face of the Land of Fire, and quite possibly, the rest of the neighbouring world. The Land of Fire had once been a free land, a land of hope, and a land of prosperity. There was growth to be made, and wealth to be found in all parts of the Land. The government in charge of Konoha City, the Senju, were well loved and adored for their efforts to make the Land of Fire the best land in the world, starting with the capital.

However, being "the best" just wasn't enough for some of our citizens.

There were those who let greed and ego get to their heads, and simply being "the best" wasn't good enough for them. No, they wanted to conquer. They wanted the world to know who they were, and what they were capable of. Out of this demand for power and recognition rose a new group with the means to challenge the peaceful Senju.

The Uchiha.

A bunch of stuck up, egotistic, pretty boy bastards who- oh, I'm going off track.

Ahem. Anyways.

The Uchiha rose to recognition from the public following campaigns by their leader, Fugaku Uchiha, regarding his plans to take the Land of Fire from being recognised, to being revered. And he would start with Konoha City.

It had been two years since the Uchiha came into power, and in those two years, they managed to take over the rest of the Land of Fire, and our neighbouring Lands of Sound, Hot Water, Grass, and Rivers. They also managed to bulk up their military forces ten-fold, their number of soldiers far surpassing what the Senju ever had at their peak.

I remember the Senju soldiers.

I had had the pleasure of meeting a couple of servicemen at some event before the war, and they were pretty much the most relaxed, laid back soldiers I'd ever met. They were funny, easygoing, and overall, treated me like a decent human being. Although some of them weren't the best-suited men appearance-wise for me, their personalities were what made them attractive.

Unlike a certain Uchiha I'd had the displeasure of running into.

The day I met Sasuke Uchiha was the day I almost got a bullet through my head.