CHAPTER 41: THE RED RUBY PENDANT

Alex found Lisa outside the house, sitting on a stone bench, staring at the night sky, clutching her pendant. As soon as they came back home, Lisa immediately excused herself to the room to tend her wounds. Later, when she came out , his dad hugged her infront of everyone. He patted her head and said, "may god bless you my child. I know I don't have to worry about my children's safety when they are with you."

Alex swore he saw a sheen layer of tear covering her eyes before she blinked and nodded. Victor excused her to take rest after she reported the whole incident. Apparently there were three men in masks. She saw the reflection of one of them in the mirror and immediately crouched down before the bullet could hit anyone. The other two were nearby and ran away after stabbing her, successfully escaping from her clutches.

Alex had almost scoffed when Lisa apologized to kiara for ruining the gift that she could take care of even for twenty four hours to which kiara glared at her and scolded, "it was just a piece of fabric. I am glad you are fine." Now that he looked at, he found himself staring back at a girl who probably is not as rude as she shows herself. Approaching her he sat beside and said, " penny for your thoughts."

Lisa clasped her chain around her neck and looked at him for a moment before asking, "what are you doing here?"

"I could ask the same thing."

She sighed and said, "you should go to sleep."

"I could say the same thing."

She closed her eyes and exhaled deeply, " why do you never listen?"

"I could-"

"don't you dare." She warned.

Alex smiled. He could finally get an emotion out of her. Earlier when he saw her staring at the sky, her eyes looked soulless, hopeless.....almost dead. But now he could see a hint of anger in them.

Glad she is responding. Even if it's anger.

"No seriously, you should go to sleep. Your body needs rest." He said after a moment.

" I slept already." She replied.

"really! For how long?" he cocked his brow

"three hours." She said, avoiding eye contact.

"and that's enough."

"yes."

Alex thinned his lips but didn't say anything.

"this is for you." He said while extending a box towards her.

"what is this?" she frowned and took the box from him.

"a Christmas present." He answered.

Lisa opened the box and found black glasses inside. Those were exactly similar to the one she used to wear earlier.

"glasses?"

"I broke yours, remember?" he smiled.

Lisa's lips curved into a small smile and disappeared soon. She took the glasses out and wore them.

"Now we have our badass bodyguard Lisa back." He exclaimed.

"you are such a kid." She whispered as she smiled watching him hyping up.

"Also, this is for you too." He forwarded a candy floss towards her.

Lisa raised her brows and looked at him, "what is this for now?"

Alex shrugged, "you didn't eat the cake."

Lisa took the candy floss from him and stared at him " you noticed?"