CHAPTER 19: AMUSEMENT PARK

Serenity: are you free?

Victor stared at the message for good five minutes before replying yes. Well he was not. He had files to review but they could wait.

Serenity: great! I will meet you in half an hour outside your office building.

Victor: where are we going?

Serenity: you will know soon.

Victor frowned and kept his phone down. He was confused and excited at the same moment. Shaking his head, he focused on the file infront of him and started to read. After ten minutes of constant struggle of reading the same paragraph again and again, he finally gave up and shut the file close. Twenty minutes more, he said to himself and stood up from his chair. Wearing his coat, he immediately went downstairs and started tapping his foot impatiently on the ground. Exactly fifteen minutes later, a white volkswagen car pulled up. The windows slid down revealing sofia smiling at him warmly. Victor returned her smile and sat on the passenger seat.

" did I keep you waiting for long?" she asked.

" not at all. I just came few seconds ago." Victor lied through his teeth.

Sofia smiled and muttered, " I bet it must be uncomfortable for you to sit in this car."

" even the poison served by your hands will turn sweet, then it is still a car." He shrugged nonchalantly.

Sofia blushed. A soft hue of pink covering her cheeks. Victor enjoyed every moment of it. She wore a lavender color sweatshirt and white pants. Her hair flying along with wings. She looked.......fresh. like a freshly baked bread or the feeling you get when you take cold shower after a hectic day..? victor didn't know what that feeling was but he felt refreshed.

" are you flirting with me mr. king?" sofia narrowed her eyes.

" not at all miss mcquoid." Victor smirked.

Sofia smiled and looked ahead.

" by the way, where are we going?" victor asked after a moment.

" it's a surprise." She replied.

" are you taking me on a date ms. macquoid?" victor raised a brow.

" not at all mr. king." It was now sofia's turn to smirk.

Both looked at eachother and laughed. Soon they reached their destination.

" amusement park?" victor turned to look at Sophia astonished.

" yeah. Why, you don't like this?"

" do you think it's our age to ride on swings?" he said incredulously.

" trust me. Come." With this she grabbed him and dragged him inside.

She bought the tickets and they went on rides. As soon as they completed one ride, she would drag him to other one. By the end, victor had a big smile on his face. The adrenaline rush and having sofia close to him gave him a different kind of peace. At last, she took him on ferris wheel.

" when was the last time you went in an amusement park?" she asked as they sat inside and wheel stated rotating.

Victor looked at her and said, " honestly, I don't remember."

" sometimes it's good to enjoy like a child. No let me rephrase, it's important to enjoy like a child sometimes."

Boss, there is a boy who is romantically involved with miss king. I heard him proposing her that they should probably run away.