CHAPTER 21: CHALLENGE.

" kiara are you busy?" victor asked her as he entered her room.

Kiara, who had been reading a book looked at his brother and said, " yeah. Why?"

" come with me." Saying this, he turned around and left.

Kiara frowned but followed her brother anyway. She found her brother standing by the staircase as she went downstairs. Suddenly she remembered the Damien fiasco and her eyes widened. With pounding heart, she climbed down the stairs and looked at her brother.

" come." He took her hand and proceeded towards the door.

Kiara looked at his brother and then at the hand holding her. It's been a long time since, he held her hands. She clearly remembered how her brother used to hold her hand when she was little girl. He would hold her hand when they used to cross roads or while they were walking on uneven ground or simply when she was nervous. Now when she looks at her brother, she finds a man. A man who is head of the family. A man who is famous by the name of ice prince in the business world. A man who rarely smiles. A man who is always uptight.

Time is such a strange thing. It tests you first and then teaches you lesson. It's a rule of time that a person needs to change himself in order to survive in this world. The person who molds himself according to situation is always ahead of others. Survival of the fittest they say. Her brother is the perfect example of that. But she still miss that boyish version of her brother whose smile lit the whole room.

She intertwined her hand with his and asked in a cheerful voice. " so what's the reason behind this sudden stroll."

Victor looked at his sister and shrugged, " why, can't I talk to my sister whenever I wish to?"

" you can....but it's just that you are always busy." With this, she averted her eyes and looked ahead as they walked by the garden on the stone path.

Victor's eyes soften at her innocent complain and he held her hands tightly.

" I have been neglecting you for a long time kia. I am sorry."

Kiara looked at his brother in surprise before immediately saying. " no victor, it's fine. And you did not neglect me. There is a person who reports my everyday activities to you and her name is lisa davenport. Remember?"

Victor looked down at his little sister, his blue eyes swirling with amusement. " what's your problem with her? She is just doing her job."

" she is the problem vic. She follows me everywhere and only answers in one word. It feels like I am with a machine."

" her profession needs people like her. Staying emotionless so that you can differentiate between right and wrong practically rather than thinking from your heart is an important trait of bodyguard."

" but she could be atleast a little laid back. I don't know when I am going to get rid of her." She muttered under her breath.

" kiara." Victor stopped and turned her so that she was facing him. " listen to me very carefully. You are precious. And every precious thing requires strict security. You don't know how you are keeping five of us sane just by existing. I don't want to imagine the outcome if something happened to you. But know that kia, it will destroy us to a point where we won't be able to pick our pieces back together. You are our life my dear. I am just protecting my life."

Kiara looked at her brother shocked. " why are you telling me this suddenly?" she whispered.

Victor smiled and said " because someone told me that communication is the key. I need to explain my actions to you because afterall it's your life and it's your right to know why I am taking a particular decision. We love you kia. Don't forget that. Ever."