CHAPTER 17: KNOCKOUT

Victor sat in his office thinking deeply about what Rahul mehra said. He hated Shivay singh rathore to the core but he would never wish for his competitor to be betrayed like this.

" did you come to a conclusion?"

Victor looked at james who sat infront of him. A glass of scotch in his hand as he looked at his elder brother questionably.

" no yet." Victor shook his head.

" do you think we should trust this man."

Victor took a sip of his drink and shook his head. " he can't be trusted. You should never trust someone who is planning to betray his own friend. If he has audacity to hurt the person who trusts him wholeheartedly, then he won't even think twice before stabbing us in the back."

" that means we are not accepting his offer." James concluded.

" oh we will. Who is going to leave this perfect opportunity." Victor smirked and drowned down his drink in one go.

********

Kiara woke up early in the morning or rather she didn't sleep peacefully whole night. The thought of lisa disclosing her relationship with Damien kept her up all night. Sighing deeply, she extended her hand towards the bedside table to grab her water bottle only to find it empty. An irritated growl left her mouth as she closed her room's door and started going downwards.

She stopped abruptly when she saw a man in bodyguard uniform right outside her room. He was one of the security guard who were recruited by victor.

" what are you doing here? Where is lisa?" she enquired.

The bodyguard looked at her and bowed his head. " I am her substitute. I have been assigned to look after you at night. Currently she's in the gym with sir kevin." He replied.

Kiara nodded and went straight to gym. She could hear the noises from inside before she reached the door. Entering inside, she found a shirtless kevin wearing a boxing gloves fighting with lisa. Kevin punched repeatedly but lisa blocked it everytime. Her reflexes so fast as if she knew his moves beforehand. Both breathing heavily. For the first time, kiara saw lisa in something which was not black shirt and trousers. Instead she wore black full t-shirt and black tights. Her hair tied in a bun and her eyes free of glasses.

As she approached them, they looked at her.

" hey kia, wanna fight?" kevin smirked at her.

" huh! You think she could fight you? Even a small gust of wind is enough to blow her." Kiara looked at alex who sat on the floor munching chips.

" you shut up and from when did you start to wake so early?" she questioned him.

Alex yawned and laid on the floor " this muscle bag dragged me...." He said pointing towards kevin, ".... Said I need to learn a move or two from her." Now his eyes went to lisa who was watching the whole drama with bored eyes.

" you should, her reflexes are so good." Kevin patted her back to express his appreciation.

" reflexes my foot.....i could easily win against her." Alex was saying this as he stood up but fell down again. Lisa had hooked her leg to his and pulled due to which he fell down.

" what the fuck! I was not ready." He exclaimed bewildered.

Lisa turned towards kiara and said " rule no. one, always be attentive to your surroundings. Danger can come from any direction." With this she stopped the punch alex had thrown from behind without turning around. She grabbed his fist and twisted it. " your senses are your power. If one is unable to work for the time being....use other." She continued and pushed his hand away. Alex rubbed his hand and ran towards her like an angry bull. She easily dodged his attacks and gave a light kick on his thigh due to which he fell down again. " strength is not always important.....you should know the points which inflict pain on even slight pressure." She looked at alex who was still on ground and said " learn to stay calm...... anger and haste makes even an intelligent person act like a fool." With this she went away.

" now you know why I told you to spar with her." Kevin who watched lisa with appreciation looked at alex and said.

Alex grunted in response.

********

Victor stared at his phone contemplating if he should send the message or not. A 'hi' stared back at him. He had been writing and backspacing text from past half hour.

Suddenly, the door of his study opened and kevin stormed in startling victor.

" when will you learn to knock!?" he scolded kevin.

" sorry but I wanted to tell you that I will not be around during dinner time."

Victor frowned " why?"

" just taking a stroll with friends." He shrugged.

" hmm, be back before midnight."

" yes boss." He mocked a salute and went away.

Victor shook his looked at his phone. His eyes widened when he found a reply.

Shit! When did I send the text.

She had replied two minutes ago........dammit kevin!

Victor: hi.

Serenity: hello victor.

Serenity: how are you?

Serenity: victor?

Victor: hey, I am good. Sorry for delay. Something came up. What about you?

Serenity: I am good too. What happened? Everything good?

Victor thought for a second before replying.

Victor: everything is good. Just wanted to ask if kevin is disturbing you again?

Serenity: no he isn't.

Victor: that's good.

There was a pause from both sides. Victor didn't know how to continue the conversation. He looked at his device again when it pinged.

Serenity: how's your day going?

Victor: what can you aspect from a man who has five younger siblings? These jokers never let me live in peace.

Serenity: don't be too harsh on them. Having siblings who look up to you is a very beautiful feeling.

Victor smiled. Surely having siblings who look up to you is a beautiful feeling.

Serenity: did you eat something?

Victor: i did.

He didn't. except his black coffee, he didn't.

Serenity: chaos?

Victor smiled at the nickname and replied.

Victor: yes?

Serenity: go and have your breakfast. i have some work to do so I won't be able to come to cemetery today. Goodbye.

Victor: ok. Goodbye.

He put his phone down and smiled. He once accidently blurted during their meet that he skips breakfast sometimes. At that time, sofia scolded him like a mother and bought him a wrap.

There was a knock. Victor immediately composed himself and allowed the person inside. He frowned when lisa entered.

" lisa. Everything alright?"

Lisa shook her head in no and said " sir, it's about miss kiara."

Victor took a deep breath and exhaled.

Surely my siblings will never let me live in peace.