CHAPTER 37: WAIT FOR ME....

Victor waited for Sofia at their usual meeting place aka the graveyard. He was going to do as Sofia had suggested, take a break and go for vacation. It has been years since he visited his father and there are few...no there are actually a lot of things that need to be discussed with him. Tomorrow they will be leaving for vacation and he wanted to meet his serenity for one time before leaving.

He waited for her, his both hands inside his pocket as he kicked stones mindlessly.

" sorry!, am I late?" Sofia asked as soon as she reached near him.

Victor who had his back towards her smiled widely before schooling his features and turning around.

"no. not at all."

" what happened? You sounded serious on call." She asked as she touched his arm. Concern evident on his face.

Victor loosened his scarf. Suddenly the air had become too warm for him.

"it's nothing.... I am going to take my siblings for a vacation tomorrow." He said, clearing his throat.

"that's good." She smiled and waited for him to continue.

Victor inhaled a deep breath and said, "serenity, I wanted to tell you something..." Sofia nodded. "....actually, there are lots of things that I want to say to you but I need time. You have been very supportive to me whenever I needed someone. Would you wait for me till this vacation?"

Sofia smiled and nodded. "There are a lot of things that I want to say to you too but I know that now is not the correct time to disclose it. I am here because there is something that needs to be taken care of. And talking about waiting for you, I am ready to wait for eternity if it's you, chaos. That's all I have been doing anyway." The last part was a mere whisper.

Victor frowned as he couldn't understand what that meant but smiled and nodded anyway. He leaned forward and kissed her forehead.

"wait for me."

"always."

******

Pearl knocked at James's cabin and entered inside with a cup of coffee. Putting the coffee in front of him, she took one of the visitor's chair and sat on it "so you are going on a vacation that's why you don't want to keep any work pending."

James, who was going through a file nodded distractly and took a sip of his coffee. "it's better to complete all the work beforehand. I don't want to worry about my work while I am enjoying the vacation with my family."

Pearl nodded and put a box in front of him. "this is for you."

James looked at the box with curiosity and leaned forward to pick it up.

"what is it?" his eyes shined with innocent excitement as he unwrapped the box. Once opened, the box revealed a pair of diamond cufflinks with his initial 'J' engraved on it.

"oh wow! Thank you so much." James exclaimed , deeply touched. After all, he was receiving a gift after a very long time.

" they might not be as expensive as the others you wear, but I really found them beautiful and thought to buy it for you." Pearl said. A blush covering her face.

"I would love to wear them. Thank you very much." James said. He was genuinely happy to receive a gift from his girlfriend. "allow me to take you on a date when I come back from the vacation."

"sure." Pearl's eyes brightened and she nodded.

*********

"what are you doing Lisa?" Kiara questioned as she stepped out of the door into the garden. Her eyes immediately went towards the dogs that were wiggling their tails excitedly and were enjoying Lisa petting them. She immediately paled and started backing off.