CHAPTER 18: KISS AND KILL

Kiara walked through the corridors of her school. She had been ignoring Damien since he offered her that proposal. Apart from that, she also dreaded what awaits for her at home. By now she was sure victor knows everything about Damien. She rubbed her chest and took a deep breath. Suddenly, the world blurred around her. It was as if a thick rope was coiling around her neck like a python ready to devour her to death. She felt as if her knees are unable to keep herself straight. Looking around, she dashed towards terrace. She needed to get away from other students. Victor says 'a king never shows that he is weak infront of the world even when the whole world is falling apart for him'. She can't show that she is weak.

As she reached the terrace, her legs gave out. She pulled her legs near her chest and ducked her head in between them. She took deep breath to calm her racing heart. The rope kept coiling dragging her to oblivion. She raised her head and looked around. This was the same place where Damien asked her to run away with him. She groaned and ducked her head back in. her hands were shaking, she was hyperventilating. She wanted to shout, she wanted to cry but words refused to leave her mouth.

Suddenly, someone pulled her and started rubbing her back. " breathe." The voice commanded. It was lisa. She pulled kiara close to her chest and kept rubbing her back asking her to breathe. Kiara tried. She tried to breathe. To fight the python but he was determined to swallow her.

" concentrate on my voice kiara. Inhale."

Kiara closed her eyes and inhaled. It was tough, but she tried. The fruity citrus scent of lisa tingling her nose.

" you are going good. Now exhale."

Kiara exhaled.

" good, count in your head and repeat."

She did.

One. inhale.

Two. Exhale.

Three. Inhale.

Four. Exhale.

Slowly, the rope loosened. The python started to disappear. All she could see with her eyes closed was a garden; Soft winds blowing, carrying a fruity scent with them. It felt refreshing.

The hand that was rubbing her back now shifted to her head and started patting her softly. Slowly, kiara shifted and looked up. Lisa still had that emotionless face. She sat on one knee infront of kiara. A huge wet patch sat on her shirt. Kiara touched her cheeks and realized she was crying. Rough fingers wiped her cheeks. Kiara looked down and found they belong to lisa. For the first time she observed her hand. Usually she used to wear gloves, now she took it off to wipe her tears. They were full of scars. Some were new, some old.

" are you ok now?" lisa asked softly.

Kiara nodded before she stopped abruptly.

This all has been happening because of her and she has audacity to ask me if I am alright!. The audacity.

Kiara jerked away from her and stood up. All her grief transforming into anger.

" are you happy? Seeing me like this must be giving you peace right? My life was so peaceful, I was so much happy, everything was smooth until you arrived. As soon as you arrived, my life has become hell. Why are here? Why? Why can't you leave me? I hate you! I hate you!" kiara shouted and went away. Nowadays, even looking at her bodyguard made her angry.