CHAPTER 25: I LOVE YOU.

"why did you do that?" Aiden asked.

Veronica raised her head and looked at him questioningly, " what are you talking about?"

"don't act like you don't know. Why did you try to run over Emily that night?" he asked angrily.

Realization flashed through her eyes and she looked away from him " wh- what are you talking about?"

" that day.....when Emily stood by the road, a car came towards her in full speed. It was totally intended to run over her but I pulled her." Aiden explained.

" so?"

" are you still trying to act ignorant? I saw you in the driver's seat veronica."

Veronica paled. Her eyes widened and she cursed under her breath.

" why would you do that?"

Veronica's eyes flashed anger and she seethed, " what do you want me to say huh? Tell me one thing, when was the last time you came to me? When was the last time we spent some time together? You are here on your own only because it concerns Emily, not because you wanted to talk to me.....it's like you have forgotten about me since she came into your life." Tears streamed down her face like waterfall. Her voice breaking by the end.

" I.... I- what do you mean?"

" I love you. I have always loved you. I can't bear to see you with anyone else. That day, when I saw you both together smiling and joking with eachother; I cried. Cried for the fact that why can't you look at me the way you look at her. Soon that sadness was replaced by anger and there was only one thought spiraling in my head, to eliminate her." She looked at him and continued, " tell me Aiden.....what does she has that I don't ?"

Aiden looked away and sighed, " veronica.....i warned you that our relationship will stay physical with no strings attached. I am sorry but I can't reciprocate your feelings.....you are my good friend so why don't we keep it that way...."

" I just confessed my love to you and you are saying let's stay good friends!? You don't know how much your words are hurting me..... I wish. I wish that Emily forgets you one day the same way you've forgotten about me. I wish you also feel the same pain that I am feeling right now. Don't you ever dare to show me your face again." Veronica picked her books and left the empty classroom while wiping her tears.

Aiden released a deep breath. His heart pounding like crazy. He went towards the window and gazed outside. And there she was; the reason for his pounding heart, the reason for his sudden fear. Sitting under the shade of tree reading one of his gifted books totally unknown of the feelings she created for him that is currently causing havoc in his heart.....in his mind.

Emily looked up from the book she was reading and smiled at Aiden.

" hi." She forwarded a Mentos towards him.

" hey." He replied as he sat down beside her and popped that chewy candy in his mouth. It has become their daily ritual. Whenever Aiden felt the need to smoke, Emily would shove that candy in his mouth.

"penny for your thoughts." She said when Aiden continued to look lost. " what happened?"

Aiden shook his head and said, " nothing."

" come on....." she groaned.

" where?" Aiden smirked.

Emily looked at him for a second before her face heated when she realized the sexual innuendo.