CHAPTER 38: A GLIMPSE FROM PAST.

Kiara glanced at each of her brothers as she sat in the private jet. Victor was busy on his laptop as always. James was reading a book, Kevin was somewhere in his thoughts, Alex was annoying the shit out of Lisa who sat at the far corner and was gazing at the clouds through the window. She acted as if the person sitting beside her was invisible. Kiara looked at Peter, victor's guard who sat alone grumbling after being thrown out from his original seat by Alex. At last she turned and saw Aiden who sat beside her with a sad face. He had dark circles around his eyes and looked quite down since last night.

She scooted closer to him and asked, "what happened?"

Aiden lifted his head towards her and shook his head in nothing.

"something happened." It was a statement. "A problem shared is a problem halved. Want to share?"

"It's nothing kia. I am good." He mumbled.

"Are you sure?" she cocked her brow.

Aiden gave her a small nod.

"ok as you wish." She shrugged and started munching chips.

"kia?" Aiden called hesitantly after a few moments.

"hmm?"

"what would you do if you accidentally broke someone's precious gift?"

"I would apologize to them."

"what if it was precious to them to the extent that they were ready to trade everything for it."

"I would buy a new one for them if that could help."

Aiden nodded and started thinking about something deeply.

"Why do you ask?" Kiara asked.

"because I have broken something precious to Emily."

"what is it?" she asked curiously.

"It was a snowball."

Kiara let out a small laugh and said, "what's so special about it? buy her a new one."

"The thing is..." he leaned forward and whispered in her ear, "that was given to her by her father."

"WHAT?" Kiara shouted. She looked at Aiden in disbelief with her eyes widened and palms covering her mouth.

By now, all the people present on the jet were looking at them.

"lower your volume. Will you?" he gritted out.

" It was not just a normal thing, Aiden. It was gifted to her by her father. No replica could take its place." Kiara scolded totally disregarding his words.

" I know what I did was wrong but I am regretting it now." He mumbled.

" What was her reaction?" she asked.

" She asked me to leave."

" I would do the same." She whispered.

"Why are you making a big deal out of it?" Kevin asked.

"Her father is dead." She said sharply.

That shut Kevin in an instant.

"I know you are one strong woman BUT YOU ARE GOING TO BREAK MY WRIST LISA! LEAVE AT THIS INSTANT!!" Alex shouted in pain.

Once again all the passengers turned and saw Alex snatching his hand from Lisa's grip and rubbing it while cursing. "what's gotten into you?" he mumbled but Lisa didn't pay attention to it. Her eyes were fixed on Aiden before going back outside of the window. Aiden swore he saw anger in her eyes. As if she wanted to murder him again and again. He gulped and spoke to himself