CHAPTER 40: MERRY CHRISTMAS

Next morning, Kiara woke earlier than usual. She was excited. Who wouldn't be....afterall it was Christmas. She immediately wore her slippers and opened her room's door. As she stepped out, she saw Lisa who was guarding her door. She flung herself in her arms and shouted "merry Christmas!"

Lisa stumbled a few steps, definitely not expecting the hug, patted her back awkwardly and muttered, "merry Christmas to you too miss king."

"this won't work." Kiara said, mocking an angry face. She glared at Lisa and said angrily, "freshen up and come down wearing the gift. I will wake up others till then." Lisa nodded and went inside her room.

Kiara ran in the hallway and entered into the first room that happened to be Alex's. she jumped onto the bed and sat on him.

"hey. Wake up." She poked his blanket clad body.

"Alex! Wake up!" she shouted near his ear.

Still no response.

Kiara fell silent for a few moments and suddenly Alex shouted as he enveloped Kiara whole into the blanket.

"caught you monkey!" he tickled her until she was out of breath and begged him to leave her.

"god.... You are so cruel." She said, still trying to catch her breath.

"Merry Christmas to you too midget." He ruffled her hair and stood up, "lets go and wake others."

They tip-toed and entered inside Aiden's room. Kiara kept a finger on her lips indicating Alex to be quiet and jumped on Aiden.

"Merry Christmas...wait." She frowned and lifted the blanket off his body only to find a pillow. The pillow was kept in such a way that it looked like someone was sleeping when covered in a blanket.

"Where is he?" Alex asked.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

Both turned and were immediately drenched in cold water.

"ahh!" "What the fuck!" both exclaimed as Aiden laughed while clutching his stomach.

"damn! What a start of the day!" Aiden muttered while wiping a stray tear from his eye.

They immediately left the room and went towards Kevin's room only to bump into him midway.

"no need to wake me up personally. Your shouts had already woken up the whole house. Now come down and have breakfast." he said while ruffling her hair.

Ten minutes later, the king family sat on the dining table enjoying their breakfast. Patrick sat on the head of the table and talked to his children about different things, catching up with their life.

"where is Lisa by the way?" Alex asked casually though he was dying to see her. He doesn't know why but seeing Lisa ignore him as if he is not present at all bothered him a lot. He liked.....to annoy her. Though Lisa ignored him earlier too but she would always react in one way or another. Let it be a twitch in the eyebrow, scrunching of nose, twitching of lips or any other reaction. But there was always one. Now, it was like he didn't even exist.

"she will be down soon- oh! Here she is." Kiara muttered and looked at the stairs.

Alex looked up and his fork stopped mid-way. He gaped, blinked and gasped.

Holy shit!! Who is she?

Lisa descended the stairs dressed in white v neck sweater paired with black skirt and stockings. She stopped near the table, wished everyone good morning and sat beside kiara. Kiara who was grinning widely, closed Alex's jaw who sat on her other side. Alex came out of his stupor and blinked rapidly while focusing on his breakfast. A red hue slowly spread on his neck and ears. He glared at Aiden and kicked him on his shin when he heard him chuckle.