CHAPTER 28: ILLUSION.

Victor, Shivayy singh rathore and Rahul mehra sat at the first floor of café which was fully reserved so that they don't get disturbed by another party. The only person who was present apart from them was a waiter who was serving them.

"we are honored that you will be investing in our company...." Rahul said as he sat between Shivayy and victor on the round table acting as a middleman. Completely ignoring the fact that the two had been glaring at each other since they stepped inside the café.

Previous day, the members were called again for an emergency meeting after what happened with Mr. Thompson. Rahul accompanied Shivayy in the meeting and took the opportunity to get the deal signed. They finally agreed to meet today evening at this café.

"let me get one thing very clear Mr.rathore..... I expect profit from this investment. The moment I feel that my money is sinking, I will withdraw it with extra interests give or take. Do you agree?" victor said while glaring at the man in front of him.

Shivayy continued to look at him blankly. His hazel eyes showing a hint of boredom.

"of course, we are in...." Rahul said awkwardly when Shivayy didn't answer anything for a minute. "we will soon update the contract and send you the revised version."

Victor nodded and leaned back in his chair. His icy blue eyes not once deviating from Shivayy's bored hazel eyes. Rahul drank his cup of coffee before clearing his throat and excusing himself to go to the washroom leaving the two behind.

"you trust him a lot. Rahul, I mean." Victor started.

Shivayy nodded in return.

"you know....there is very important rule in business world, don't trust anyone except you." He said while leaning forward and keeping his crossed arms on the table.

"one should not always trust what he sees. It's not always important that whatever you always see is true. It could be an illusion. This is also one of the important rule in business world, Mr. king." Shivayy said almost mockingly as he mimicked victor's action.

Victor narrowed his eyes at the man sitting in front of him

Illusion...... what does he mean by that?

The only man who could compete with victor was the man sitting in front of him. He kept his moves hidden; and when he showed his cards, he brought destruction. He is sharp and lethal. Just like an eagle. Once he has set his eyes on something, he would hunt it and make it his one or the other way.

Rahul returned from the washroom and said, " w-we should go now." Both the man looked up at him.

"what happened to you?" Shivayy frowned as he took in the condition of Rahul. The man had is eyes widened, pure terror shining through his orbs. His legs shook and finally gave up as he sat on his chair with a thump.

"m-me nothing." He shuttered and brushed it off with a hesitant smile.

Victor accessed the man carefully.

Surely he had seen something which scared the shit out of him....

*********

"did she like the cake?" Emily asked Aiden while wiping the counter.

"she loved it. Thank you for making it under such a short time." Aiden said while stacking the paper that he was reading in a paper. Since he will be busy today evening attending the birthday party, he came early to grab notes.