Chapter 49

^
"Even if my heart stops beating, you're the only thing I need, ooh, with me"

Aurélia

"Oh my gosh AURÉLIA," an extremely loud sheen tears from Liyah startling me. My body jerks up, as I sit up the blank under me gets yanked and I fall out of the bed face first onto the floor.

my nose hits the wood first, sending a sharp pain all the way up. I groan as I roll onto my back, feeling my head. "What?" I grit my teeth annoyed.

"Uh, did I wake you up?" she stands over me, staring straight down at me. "Get the hell away from me." I grab her legs and use them to pull my self up.

"Well anyways, your birthday is so soon! What do you wanna do?" She reaches her hands out and pulls me up.

"I want to sleep peacefully." I roll my eyes. I look around to try and find my bonnet, of course I'll have to hunt for it. Not right now though.

"Really though, what are we gonna do?" She follows me as I walk to get mars. "I don't really know." I shrug honestly. I haven't celebrated my birthday since I was like 10. Apparently, I was 'too old' according to my father.

"Alright, I'll surprise you." She smiles evilly. My eyebrows rise in concern, but I try my best to ignore her weirdness. I pet mars before placing him back into his play area.

"Where does my boyfriend happen to be?" I turn toward Liyah. "He's in his office with Spencer," she sighs. She follows me as I make my way to Silas' office.

"Naw, I don't think we'll make it this year, we've gotta find him a different way." Spencer lets out an annoyed sigh as he falls back into his chair.

"Make it to what?" I question as I pushed the door open, walking to Silas. "There's just this thing, it's a huge gathering ment to allow mafias to form alliances." I tells me, snaking his arm around my waist and pulling me close.

"Just say mafia ball." Spencer adds. "That sounds corny." Liyah snickers as she takes a seat in the chair next to Spencer.

"Anyways," Silas continues, "it's on October 6th, so obviously it's out of the question." He announces, making it clear. October 6th, my birthday. "Silas, you don't have to do that. Really, I don't love celebrating my birthday and this could really help." I try and reason with him.

"What's more important, celebrating my birthday or finding Marco and stopping him from hurting me?" I ask. Silas sighs, his free hand rubs his temple as he thinks.

"I'll consider it. No matter what, your birthday will not be pasted over with us doing something, even if it's small." He pulls the arms around my waist, making me full deeper into his lap as he lays his head in the crook of my neck.

"Got it. So, I'll just go ahead and get everything set up for us to go." Spencer clarifies as he stands, taking Liyahs hand. "Bye Aurélia, call you later," she waved to me as her and Spencer exit the office.

Silas brings his other arm around me, holding me tightly. "How are you feeling?" He questions. "I'm fine, why?" I say, obviously. There's no reason I would be.

"You don't have to pretend with me Réli. You've been through a lot within the past couple weeks, you always brush it off." His eyes find mine. I suddenly had that weird feeling in my throat, you know the one you get when your about to cry.