- Chapter 1 -

Aurélia

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" My dad yells at me as he hits me once more. I can't help but to sob louder as he says this, so he strikes me once more across my arm with the leather belt in his hand.

"You pathetic little bitch! You can't take a couple hits without crying?" He says me to chuckling. "Of course you can't. Just like your mom. Weak." He adds as he exits my room since he had gotten all his anger targeted to me out.

I sit in the corner, holding myself trying to calm down knowing my dad will be heading to my little sisters room next.

I wipe my tears then stand up, composing myself as I exit my room holding my arm. I walk down the hallway quietly, seeing if my sisters room door what open. Just as I suspected he had entered her room.

I pick up the pace heading toward her room. I see my dad standing near Camilla's bed about to hit her. I run quickly to stand in front of her, taking the hit he had thrown toward her.

"Move." He said, his voice laced with venom. I stayed right in-front of my sister "MOVE!" He yelled this time hitting me.

"No. I won't move. Don't hit her, hit me." I said keeping my voice calm to try and turn his anger to me.

"You know what? I don't have time for you. I'm fucking done with you." He said sounding surprisingly calm. "You're fucking 21 and still living in my house. Get the fuck out and don't come back." I looked at him with shock that he didn't hit me. My expression changed quickly to display the upset feeling I had on my face.

"No. I won't leave my sister." I replied. He looked at me now very angry with my response.

"It wasn't a fucking question. Leave my goddamn house before I made you leave." I stood my ground not exiting, even after he said that.

He took it as a challenge immediately swinging the belt at me, fast and hard making me fall to the ground. Pain spread across my body as he repeatedly whipped my back. "Dad stop!" My sister yelled through her cries. She got up and tried to pull
Him away but he just pushed her back sending her tumbling to the ground.

While he had his back turned I pushed him in the direction of the door. Since he wasn't expecting this, he fell into the hallway I quickly shut my sisters room door and locked it so he couldn't get in.

"OPEN MY DOOR RIGHT NOW!" He screamed from the hallway. "WHEN I GET THE DOOR OPEN ILL BEAT YOU UNTIL YOU DONT WAKE UP!" He threatened. I sat with my back against the door as my dad tried to break it down.

I sat there until the banging stopped. After a little while I opened the door slowly to see my dad passed out on the couch. "I'll be right back" I whispered to Camilla then stood up and walked out into the hallway slowly and quietly.

I got to my room and pulled out my suitcase and started packing a small amount of clothes, my charger, my phone, my hairbrush, and my underwear and bras. I put on some crocs and a puffer coat since it was the middle of January, then grabbed some money that I had saved from Eliza that could pay for a hotel for a little and groceries.

I was finally ready to leave my dad. The reason I hadn't left when I was 18 was of course Camilla. I couldn't go to college because my dad thought women shouldn't go to college or have jobs, so the only way I could get money was Eliza my older sister who was in college but had a side job at a restaurant.

My Mother couldn't bother to get me and my sister out of my dads toxic household because she was to busy getting high and selling drugs. Once I had steady income I planned to get my little sisters and brother from my mom. For now it had to just be me and Camilla.

I grabbed my suitcase and headed to Camilla's room. I told her to pack quickly and only take what was necessary. Once she was done she put a coat on and her shoes and we headed into the living room. I grabbed my dads car keys off the coffee table and we quickly exited my dads home. We ran to the car incase he woke up and got in. I started the car and pulled out of the driveway. We were finally free from him.

Word count: 794