- Chapter 45 -

^
How it is with Aurélia and Marco. ( except for the end 🤫 )

Aurélia

"Mom, be calm okay?" I place one hand on top of hers while the other scratches at my wrist. "What are you being so dramatic for? I don't understand, you loved that boy-" I cut her off with one serious look.

"Écoute-moi bien, il est fou. nous devons partir avant qu'il fasse quelque chose." I say as quiet as possible. She looks at me without saying anything, and stays silent as I reach for my phone to text Silas.

( Listen to me carefully, he's crazy. We have to leave before he does something. )

As soon as I send the text I look back up to see my mother looking far up behind me. My whole body shivers as I feel an undeniable presence standing behind me.

Hand find the back of my chair as he leans forward. "If you want me to leave your mother alone, come with me." He whispers in an almost seductive tone. Disgusting.

I stand up aggressively, knocking the chair back. "Where are you going?" Mom asks. "We've just gotten together and you're leaving already?" She whines, upset. "Sorry to cut this short, but we've got somewhere to be Ms. Williams." He smiles at her politely.

I'll be okay, I think to myself and she seems to get it from my facial expression as she backs off. "Okay, don't be a stranger, I want to see you again soon." She waves as Marcos hands find my waist and lead me away.

"Finally, we're together again." Marcos sighs as me enter the car. When I look at his face, I can't help but see the young and innocent looking boy I used to spend my days with.

When I hear his voice, I hear the voice of the man who threatened me, choked me, forced me here.

"What do you want from me Marco?" My voice breaks, the anger I feel barely staying hidden. His hand reaches for my face. "Don't be like that mi amor." He tilts my head up ever so gently, our eyes meet.

I look out the window, hoping someone's seen my, "what the.." face. I also want to laugh after hearing this fully American man who has no background in any other language call me amor.

Be serious, do not upset him. I forced myself to abide by those words. His hand slivers up my thigh. "You don't have to be with that mafia king wanna be anymore." He refers to Silas.

I knock his hand off my leg and scoot over some. "No one is forcing me to be with Silas, unlike whatever you think you're going to do here." I say angrily. Who is he to mock my relationship when he's here trying to rekindle something that existed what feels like forever ago.

Fuck, I was I could call Silas. My phone is with my mom, which I made sure I slipped to her before Marco could take my phone and play around in my texts.

His jaw tightens as he rolls his eyes. "Silas is a weak bastard who couldn't protect you, not even from that old man I sent. Why would you ever want to be with someone like him when you could have so much better?" He looked nastily at me as he asks the question.

"I'm not going to argue with a man child such as you who has to kidnap someone he wishes to be with because he doesn't have the basic social skills to contact me in a regular way." I criticize. Who in their right minds thinks of this first when interested in someone?