- Chapter 43 -

^
Listen to the song during the dream part ( in italics )

Aurélia

"Get off me!" I scream at the top of my lungs. He jerks his head around and slams his hand against my throat. He blows out an angry breath. "Shut up." my face screws up as I struggle to get free of this large mans grip.

He takes a step back as he observes my face. "I'm sorry, don't do that or else I won't be able to see you." He warns. "I don't know who you are!" I scream as him, looking around for the people that were supposed to be guarding Silas' house.

Instead of getting angry, he walks up to me and plants a kiss on my temple. "Don't worry, everything will be just right soon." as he runs into the distance.

What the-

Finally, some men run up toward the house. "Ms. De Luca, are you okay?" They huff. Am I okay? I my lips tighten into a slit, same as my eyes. My hands sitting on my hips. "Yeah, besides the giant fucking handprint I know is forming on my neck! What does Silas employ you for if every time someone breaks in your no where to be found!?" I scream.

"Sorry mam," he stands up straight, avoiding eye contact. One of my biggest pet peeves is when I ask someone a question and they just go "sorry".

"Okay, so I asked you why I just got attacked not to apologize so I'm confused by you answer.." my eyebrow raises. My lips form a frown as we sit in silence. I walk away mumbling under my breath.

I rub my neck assessing the damage in the mirror. "Why does this always happen to me?" I whine. And where is Spencer? Who knows. A purplish bruise is slightly visible, not surprising considering the way he absolutely slammed into my neck with an immense grip.

Who was that guy? What does he want with me? What was he talking about "everything will be just right soon"? Also, why did that guy just call me De Luca?

At this point, I don't even care. I thought it would be better for me when I moved in with Silas, but all I've gotten since I've lived here was bad luck. I can't even go to the hospital because then I'd have to explain how this happened.

I grab my purse, stuffing my things into it quickly before heading to the garage where I run into Silas. "Where are you-" he doesn't complete his sentence before noticing the large hand print on my neck.

"Where do you think?" I snap back walking past him. "Wait, what happened?" He grabs my arming and pulls me back toward him. "Well, I was standing in the front yard when some very tall man came from no where and pinned me against the wall. When I tried to leave, he slammed his hand against my throat." I explain.

"Cazzo, does no one competent work for me?" He mumbles. "I'm sorry. I'll handle this, I promise. You don't have to leave, I'll call someone to see you." He apologizes.

I sigh, "it's okay this wasn't your fault, but seriously you need to work on your security before someone kills me," I joke. He stares deeply into my eyes. "Aurélia, no one else will lay a hand on you, I can promise that I'll keep you safe. It's my fault people keep getting in and hurting you, it's something that needs to be taken seriously by everyone around here. Don't think for a second though I'd ever let anyone kill you." He apologizes more.

"I know Silas it was a joke, don't worry." I reassure him, and myself. I trust Silas and love him, but I could've easily been killed in the two instances that's already happened.